U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2009, 10:09 AM

11,592 posts, read 25,997,073 times

Advertisements

I have clients that just purchased a new home with a BAR in the bonus room! It is somewhat of a joke since neither of them drink but the husband REALLY wanted this bar!

I am trying to find a place in Raleigh or Cary that I can find a sign that says "BOB'S BAR".

I'm thinking maybe a craft store or someplace that has gift items.

I don't want to order it from the internet but I'd rather go directly to the store and SEE it even if I have to order it from the store.

Does anyone know of a store in Raleigh or Cary that would have this???

Vicki
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2009, 11:41 AM

1,036 posts, read 2,702,700 times
I have no idea where you can buy a sign, but I was wondering--is it typical for agents to buy a gift or send a note or something when their clients close? We bought our first house in 2007 and haven't heard from our agent since the papers were signed... seems weird to us.

Old 03-20-2009, 11:45 AM

9,198 posts, read 19,955,954 times
I think every agent I've ever used to buy a house has sent some kind of gift - a nice plant for the house, a bottle of champagne, etc., not to mention those really cool real estate agent calendars you get to stick on your fridge every year. :-)

Old 03-20-2009, 11:45 AM

300 posts, read 527,577 times
Vicki,

There's a place online that I had ordered a sign for a friend in a similar type that you're looking for, it's theperfectsign.com. If they don't have what you're looking for, I'd try googling personalized gifts or signs and that should put you in the right direction. Hope this helps!

Old 03-20-2009, 11:48 AM

300 posts, read 527,577 times
As far as agents sending gifts, from my experience, it's been about 50/50. The gifts we did receive were very thoughtful and suited to our personality, just like Vicki is doing. I think it's a nice personal touch although not mandatory nor expected just like any gift.

Old 03-20-2009, 12:10 PM

8,205 posts, read 20,760,912 times
I have no idea about where you could get a sign already personalized like that, but if you have an hour or two, it wouldn't be that hard to make one from stuff from Michael's or AC Moore. They sell those large, unpainted wooden letters and plaques. You could spray paint the plaque one color and the letters another color and then spray a top coat on, and either nail them on or use wood glue. http://www.acmoore.com/search.aspx?c...&showall=false
As for realtor gifts, our last agent donated a percentage of his commission to the Duke Children's Center in our names. I had no idea he did it until we received a thank you letter from Duke in the mail several months later. It was a very nice touch!

Old 03-20-2009, 12:28 PM

298 posts, read 936,250 times
Maybe try these guys.

Jack Rabbit Signs

Old 03-20-2009, 01:21 PM

158 posts, read 400,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VickiR View Post
I am trying to find a place in Raleigh or Cary that I can find a sign that says "BOB'S BAR".
I walk past "Innovative Sign Systems" every day during the week on my way to work. They're located at 128 E Cabarrus St, Raleigh next to the Lincoln Theater. Some info here.

Hope this helps.

Old 03-20-2009, 02:51 PM

11,592 posts, read 25,997,073 times
Thanks, guys...you are all so helpful!

I'm not really the "crafty" type, Lamishra but I am going to check it out tonight. Maybe I can get hubby to help!!!

I checked the website "perfectsign.com" and that is EXACTLY what I'm looking for. If I can't MAKE it, I'm going to get it from there. Funny thing is that I did ALOT of searching online and never found that website!

As for giving housewarming gifts, I ALWAYS do. Usually I give a gift certificate to Bed, Bath and Beyond to my buyers. I'd love to hear suggestions for gifts from you guys. What is the best thing you received?

In the past, I've given birdfeeders and door knockers. I think the baskets of goodies is expensive for what you get. Seems like those Hickory Farm cheeses end up in the trash.

The gift certificate seems to me to be useful...new towels, stainless trash can, etc.

Suggestions?

Vicki

Old 03-20-2009, 03:08 PM

502 posts, read 1,369,555 times
I like the new Visa or American Express gift cards. Because they work like credit cards they can be used for anything anywhere (i.e. dinner, groceries, contractors, etc.) So you can almost guarantee they'll be used.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary