Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-25-2007, 10:05 PM

81 posts, read 300,809 times

Advertisements

Our house has just gone into escrow here in California (yea-finally!). We'll probably be packing up this time next month and heading to Raleigh!

Unfortunately, our house in NC is currently being built and won't be completed until the end of June (cross fingers). We thought it might be fun to rent a place at the beach for a couple of weeks while we're "homeless".

We know nothing about the NC coast and are hoping that you could give us some direction. There seem to be so many options along the outer banks--anyone have a favorite coastal destination? I need to look into this soon, so any advice would be most welcome! Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2007, 12:12 AM

359 posts, read 1,835,401 times
I grew up vacationing in Nags Head. I think Wrightsville beach is actually closer to the Raleigh area.

In Nags head, this time of year in not peak season, so it will be a little cheaper, but 2 weeks in a beach house is still going to be pricey. When you do searches, you might try "sound side" or "between the bypass and beach road". Those run a little cheaper than "ocean side" or "oceanfront". They have several realty companies that handle the rentals and do an excellent job of finding exactly what you are looking for. I would search those and contact one of them.

Old 03-26-2007, 04:07 AM
Status: "Made the Retirement Run in under 12 parsecs!!!" (set 13 days ago)

43,154 posts, read 76,731,667 times
I love this idea! I'm packed and ready, boogie board under my arm.

On the Outer Banks you might try Hatteras Realty, Outer Beaches Realty, Sun Realty, all being on Hatteras Island. Google any of them, and you will get their on-line catalog.
Hatteras Island would be a real change of pace from CA or Raleigh.
Off season RULES! But weather and water will be cool. That helps the surf fishing.

In Nags Head, I think Sun Realty has an office. There are many other agencies in that area, but I have only gone to Avon/Hatteras island for many years.

Old 03-26-2007, 09:59 AM

27 posts, read 129,375 times
Oak Island, Long Beach area is very reasonable if you are looking to rent a house. Especially during "non-peak" months. Wrightsville Beach is nice, but pricey (I grew up in the summers there as we had a house there). The easiest drive to the coast is certainly to Wrightsville Beach. I-40 almost the entire way.

Old 03-26-2007, 12:55 PM

607 posts, read 2,426,389 times
xo;
I am a giver.... I will help you out with the search. If you need me to fly down and check it out, just let me know. I will search (drink a mojito at sunset), and search (watch the dolphins in the morning with my coffee).
I am Johnny on the spot for you. I sacrifice when it comes to helping out my fellow man!!
Liz

Old 03-26-2007, 03:35 PM

1,495 posts, read 3,713,992 times
Default past vist

My family and I visited Corolla/Duck about 5 years ago and had such an amazing time at a lovely beach home. Sounds like you've got some leads as far as vacation rentals but just wanted to give it "two thumbs up"...visit to Kitty Hawk fun.

Old 03-26-2007, 03:37 PM

1,495 posts, read 3,713,992 times
Default Goodbye O.C.

Just curious where in Orange County you live? We're in North OC and have had it so we have a trip planned in April and hope to move by the end of the year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary