Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2007, 07:09 AM

110 posts, read 332,258 times

Advertisements

NewHomeHappy... I'm with you!!! Just one of the reasons I gave up reading the NJ forum.

[This sounds like a really nice idea Please be extra nice to the people who moved recently from NJ. FYI: I just read this quote below posted in the NJ forum. Do you know who wrote that? It's kinda mean

"You might want to rethink moving to NJ. The people are not pleasant...come on you guys, do not lie to the poor fellow. The women are rich snobs, the kids are spoiled rotten and the men are just as bad as the women. Do your homework. Most people are fleeing NJ and moving to DE and PA."]

Yes it is kind of mean! We are leaving NJ because of the high cost of living and the congestion and manic pace of life in the NYC metro area. NOT because of the people. Sheesh, that's my family and friends they're talking about.

Put us on the party list! redhouse and redhouse-kiwi
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2007, 10:03 AM

607 posts, read 2,427,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel_0037 View Post
I come to see this post everyday. It gives me something to look forward to being I am inside with walls closing in on me..lol..I go for my walks and it was georgous out today. It felt good getting out for walk being it rained yesturda and I had the in home blues too for few days. I decided today I would get myself out and do some housework again. My house has got to be the cleanest one in neighborhood..lol. In 2 weeks I will finally have a vehicle and a neighbor might have a job for me ( not sure but cross fingers for me) and I wont be home everyday..woooohooo. Ok .. keep posting
Angel;
Good luck on the job. When I move there my husband will not follow until October, so I plan on being very lonely as well. I was planning on staying home and not working, but I don't think I will be able to handle it, so I plan on getting a part time job, just to get out to meet people, and have something to do.
Keep looking for a job, I am sure you will find one, and that will be a great way to make friends.

Plus don't forget the party!!!!

Liz

Old 04-13-2007, 10:10 AM

106 posts, read 310,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizardlips View Post
Angel;
Good luck on the job. When I move there my husband will not follow until October, so I plan on being very lonely as well. I was planning on staying home and not working, but I don't think I will be able to handle it, so I plan on getting a part time job, just to get out to meet people, and have something to do.
Keep looking for a job, I am sure you will find one, and that will be a great way to make friends.

Plus don't forget the party!!!!

Liz
Hi Liz,
Thank you. I am sure you will be fine and find one as well. Well, when you are down here, come to the meet. And we can meet and we will have a friend plus some.I am looking forward to meeting new people. Can't wait. Thanks keep in touch Kim

Old 04-13-2007, 11:20 AM

306 posts, read 1,191,082 times
Unhappy I can empathize.

Angel, when I was married we lived in a little suburb of Ojai CA which is little to begin with and my car was down. I would try to walk to the little market each day just to get out of the house but with no grown up contact (had a 1 year old at the time) it still did do it for me. So I started to take my husband to work one day a week so I could have the car. It helped so much just to be able to drive down to Ventura and do what ever, shopping, window shopping, stopping to see a friend. By the end of the day my frustration level was down to a 3, when it started at about a 9. If your husband has the car see if you can take him to work one day a week, even if it is across town. Maybe time it for a day when you can go to the flea market. I wish you the best and I hope you can get out SOON.

PS: it took my ex-DH three months to fix my car, only after his car started acting up. Guess I didn't fuss enough.

Old 04-13-2007, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustChar View Post
Angel, when I was married we lived in a little suburb of Ojai CA which is little to begin with and my car was down. I would try to walk to the little market each day just to get out of the house but with no grown up contact (had a 1 year old at the time) it still did do it for me. So I started to take my husband to work one day a week so I could have the car. It helped so much just to be able to drive down to Ventura and do what ever, shopping, window shopping, stopping to see a friend. By the end of the day my frustration level was down to a 3, when it started at about a 9. If your husband has the car see if you can take him to work one day a week, even if it is across town. Maybe time it for a day when you can go to the flea market. I wish you the best and I hope you can get out SOON.

PS: it took my ex-DH three months to fix my car, only after his car started acting up. Guess I didn't fuss enough.
Hi. Ty very much. I would take him to work but he works all over north carolina and he needs vehicle for his job. But in 2 weeks I will get the use of his truck and he is getting another. I am hanging in there. Thanks to the posts here and people such as yourself helping with encouraging words. I appreciate it very much. I go for walks everyday and that helps a bit but I want a job to get out and on y feet and meet new people. Hope to see you at the meet Thanks. Kim

Old 04-13-2007, 04:49 PM

177 posts, read 846,484 times
I've posted a new thread entitled "New Raleigh Area Folks that Want to Meet Sooner than Later". If anyone here wants to do a mini-meetup prior to the big meetup, please reply to that thread.

eileen

Old 04-13-2007, 08:05 PM

I am in for a sooner meet

Old 04-15-2007, 06:40 AM

1,507 posts, read 5,901,364 times
Talking Good luck with your new friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhouse View Post
NewHomeHappy... I'm with you!!! Just one of the reasons I gave up reading the NJ forum.

[This sounds like a really nice idea Please be extra nice to the people who moved recently from NJ. FYI: I just read this quote below posted in the NJ forum. Do you know who wrote that? It's kinda mean

"You might want to rethink moving to NJ. The people are not pleasant...come on you guys, do not lie to the poor fellow. The women are rich snobs, the kids are spoiled rotten and the men are just as bad as the women. Do your homework. Most people are fleeing NJ and moving to DE and PA."]

Yes it is kind of mean! We are leaving NJ because of the high cost of living and the congestion and manic pace of life in the NYC metro area. NOT because of the people. Sheesh, that's my family and friends they're talking about.

Put us on the party list! redhouse and redhouse-kiwi
Hi Redhouse, I can't say who wrote that. But I can say that it's one of your new NC friends on this thread (you know the type who who bad-mouths their current State NJ then brag about their new State NC) It's kinda funny. I think the poster herself has personal issues and just wanted to dump her negative garbage before running away to NC. Kinda like a rich snob.

Regardless, it was mean. I just wanted to warn you all about your "new" NC neighbors. Watch out. You all sound like a really nice bunch of people. But Certain people have issues in every State they lived in. These issues will plague them where ever they go. Thank goodness she's not my neighbor. LOL We NJ gals would see right through the phony baloney. Have a great party & you give that former NJ rover a big ol' hug from me.

Old 04-15-2007, 07:21 AM

110 posts, read 332,258 times
Thank you NewHomeHappy. Like I said, that's my family and friends being talked about. Including the ones who live in Brick.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary