Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2009, 04:05 PM

41 posts, read 110,950 times

Advertisements

I am looking for some sports programs for my 6 and 4 year old boys. We are moving to heritage in june. Anywhere in raleigh or wake forest. We are looking for a good football program. Our older son already plays tackle and the younger flag. Also soccer, i know the factory is right there i just want to explore all my options. If anyones knows of good leagues for baseball, soccer, basketball, football please let me know. My boys are very into sports and play already.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2009, 04:20 PM

646 posts, read 2,049,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lyssny View Post
I am looking for some sports programs for my 6 and 4 year old boys. We are moving to heritage in june. Anywhere in raleigh or wake forest. We are looking for a good football program. Our older son already plays tackle and the younger flag. Also soccer, i know the factory is right there i just want to explore all my options. If anyones knows of good leagues for baseball, soccer, basketball, football please let me know. My boys are very into sports and play already.
There are more sport leagues around here then you can shake a stick at. Really, do we have leagues in the area? You are not moving to the backwoods here.

Wake Forest itself has tons....football, baseball (spring and fall ball), soccer, hockey, etc etc.

The Factory, which is just outside of Heritage on Rogers has lots of leagues run out of it, the Parks and Rec Department as well. There are other leagues as well.

I am sure that other parents of that age group will be around with specifics.

Old 04-04-2009, 06:44 PM

306 posts, read 719,643 times
Check out Capital Area Soccer League. www.caslnc.com They have programs for all ages and abilities.

Old 04-04-2009, 06:52 PM

2,834 posts, read 12,031,410 times
I know that the titans practice at camp kanata in wake forest....I don't have any boys, so I cannot tell you about the team, but I have friends who play and like it.

.::. Welcome To Wake Forest Titans .::.

My daughters both play CASL soccer, and love it. When they play U7 (seven and six year olds) they practice once a week and play one game on saturdays for the season. Casl is a very good program, good coaches, very well organized.

I agree with the other posters, the wake forest parks and rec has a great program for kids. I know heritage has a swim team, as does the YMCA (banks Kerr is the Y in wake forest area).

Leigh

Old 04-04-2009, 07:16 PM

1,190 posts, read 4,048,395 times
Default reply

No. We don't have youth sports here in the Raleigh metro area.

Old 04-04-2009, 09:24 PM

149 posts, read 431,481 times
There's also triangle youth ultimate Frisbee, though not for children quite that young.

Old 04-04-2009, 10:06 PM

484 posts, read 1,584,001 times
I've heard great things about Pop Warner (especially in Wake Forest), but I'm not sure if they have programs for children that are your kids ages. Consolidated Football Federation

Old 04-04-2009, 10:11 PM

3,650 posts, read 9,210,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uncletupelo View Post
No. We don't have youth sports here in the Raleigh metro area.
lol

I think the question was really meant to be "what leagues are there..." etc

Old 04-04-2009, 10:25 PM

646 posts, read 2,049,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joey2000 View Post
lol

I think the question was really meant to be "what leagues are there..." etc
Then they should have said that....not implied that we've never heard of such things.

Old 04-04-2009, 10:31 PM

484 posts, read 1,584,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoya View Post
Then they should have said that....not implied that we've never heard of such things.
Heard of youth sports? Yeah. I thought everyone nationwide had heard of youth sports...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary