Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2009, 07:39 PM

1 posts, read 824 times

Advertisements

My advice is to have your husband set his expectations with his prospective employer in regards to the type of schedule that he is seeking in the beginning. As a matter of fact, write it in the cover letter of his expectations.

Some helpful sites are:
www.raleighpremier.com
www.jobfindingservice.com

I hope everything works out for you. Raleigh is truly a wonderful place to work and live!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2009, 08:44 PM

2,932 posts, read 7,825,031 times
From what I noticed from some friends in the industry is that the demand is pretty similar here. I guess it depends on the type of company you work for. If it is a company going through hard times they have probably cut their workforce so its more work for less people. Ultimately it is demanding at certain times of the year...which is expected.

Old 04-06-2009, 10:43 PM

10,728 posts, read 22,827,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by resources80 View Post
My advice is to have your husband set his expectations with his prospective employer in regards to the type of schedule that he is seeking in the beginning. As a matter of fact, write it in the cover letter of his expectations.
Cover letters are NOT the place to make demands on work hours etc, even if you are inflexible about them. The company wants to know what YOU can do for THEM, not vice versa...anyone whose cover letters (before the interview, even!) starts saying "I will not do X" and "I expect Y" will be tossed into the "No" pile.

That said, I certainly have my own list of strong work schedule preferences--but I wait until at least a second interview to bring them up (and preferably the job offer). You do not want to come across as "high maintenance" before they even find out if you're qualified.

Old 04-08-2009, 01:19 PM

8 posts, read 10,528 times
Thank you all SO MUCH for your advice and knowledge! I appreciate all the help!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
View detailed profiles of: