Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2009, 07:01 PM

338 posts, read 1,619,839 times

Advertisements

So where is this spectacular...can I see it if I do a drive by?!? I'm quite curious.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2009, 07:08 PM

1,190 posts, read 4,049,535 times
Default reply

Saturn- Why the constant incorrect use of Yuppie? Has it ever occured to you that some very successful people EARN large sums of money and spend it as they so chose. Why does that bother you? You constantly bash folks that buy large homes in new hoods. I would never choose to live like that, but to each his own. You are happy in your apartment and that is great. Would you like it if I bashed apartment dwellers and called them unflattering names? You chose your lifestyle, allow others to do the same without your snide comments. Just my opinion.

Old 04-15-2009, 07:22 PM

1,094 posts, read 2,465,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoya View Post
And when they step up their rude behavior or start legal proceedings against you?

It's always proper to go through legal channels, have every contact documented so you can't be sued for harassment.

Obviously there is not relationship between the property owners as it is. Forcing one is a legal nightmare waiting to happen.

Unfortunately, the days where you can talk to your neighbor about things like this are long gone...if they ever existed.
What kind of legal proceedings can they start if someone asks them to turn off their waterfall at dusk? Asking someone to turn off their waterfall is not harassment; asking them every minute of every day is, but I'm not suggesting that.

One could always contact them, tell them the issue, ask them to compromise and document everything. Then there is proof the person tried to resolve the issue should the police have to get involved. Most of the time police won't get involved unless the parties have tried to resolve the issue themselves, or the issue has escalated.

I believe you can talk to your neighbors and in this case, since they aren't sociable, what harm is there alienating them? They've already alienated themselves.

Old 04-15-2009, 07:28 PM

Default reply

My dad taught me to be a man. In this situation being a man(or woman) to me would mean talking to my neighbor in person. IMO there is nothing more low rent than not speaking to your neighbors because of some silly feud. Life is way to short and you both may live there a long time. Most folks are pretty reasonable. I would never go to the HOA before talking to my neighbor. That is just me. Maybe have the neighbors come over for a glass of wine and let them hear the waterfall for themselves.

Old 04-15-2009, 07:34 PM

646 posts, read 2,050,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uncletupelo View Post
My dad taught me to be a man. In this situation being a man(or woman) to me would mean talking to my neighbor in person. IMO there is nothing more low rent than not speaking to your neighbors because of some silly feud. Life is way to short and you both may live there a long time. Most folks are pretty reasonable. I would never go to the HOA before talking to my neighbor. That is just me. Maybe have the neighbors come over for a glass of wine and let them hear the waterfall for themselves.
It's not 'low rent' it is legally prudent. This isn't Mayberry anymore.

Old 04-15-2009, 07:38 PM

Default reply

It is wimpy and low rent to me. Nice Mayberry joke. Real clever there.

Old 04-15-2009, 07:42 PM

85 posts, read 451,705 times
oh boy...as I can see this is getting a tad heated and that is exactly what I don't want to happen with my neighbors...just a nice neighborly solution that makes everyone happy without too many ruffled feathers.

As someone else said, they are already distant, I just don't want to make it worse...! If all it took was a glass of wine and "hey,turn it down please" I wouldn't be posting!

Old 04-15-2009, 07:44 PM

Default reply

Have you tried talking to them?

Old 04-15-2009, 09:07 PM

6,297 posts, read 16,096,578 times
I don't think they will worry about the cost of running a pump 24/7 or their water bill if they installed the $100,000 resort in their backyard.

Old 04-15-2009, 10:05 PM

8,583 posts, read 16,012,248 times
What would you want a neighbor to do if something you were doing was
bothering them ?

I am sure you would appreciate a chance to take care of it.

They probably think you like it... A lot of people do.

I cannot imagine calling the HOA before talking to them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary