U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2007, 05:20 AM

9,066 posts, read 18,344,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewUser View Post
Maybe I shouldn't jump to conclusions so quickly. The sale of this house fell through on Wednesday and we went to look at it on Thursday. We just put in an offer today and hopefully it will be accepted by the sellers.
Awesome! Good luck with the offer! Was your realtor able to tell you why the earlier deal fell through? Just goes to show you never can tell how things will turn out when looking to buy. Best of luck to you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2007, 07:17 AM

35 posts, read 68,929 times
Default Build or remodel a home

If you can't find the house you want, try looking into a remodel. Inside the Beltline will get you a large lot and a small house to start, but the ability to remodel or expand to what ever size you want.
The resale value is tremendous and allows you instant equity when you buy.
Houses in the middle of northern Raleigh (millbrook, lynn rd.) are not the ones to looks at as the market is dying in that area. I have lived here in Raleigh for 22 years and seen the areas of growth and change. Be careful where you buy.
Hope this helps
Daniel

Old 04-06-2007, 07:33 AM

43 posts, read 224,417 times
Nothing like being in unfamilar terrority and the GPS fails... a new GPS at Circuit City...I'm not going to pay that!!

I parked at CrabTree Mall, got a soldering iron from Radio Shack, used my ruggedized boilerplate laptop as a work surface, powered the iron from a power converter,

and soon was on the road again.

I love the smell of solder in the morning...
it smells like...

victory

Now all I need is some tape for my glasses

PS
The Kabobs at the mall were delish!

Old 04-06-2007, 07:38 AM

648 posts, read 2,021,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brantcustomhomes View Post
Houses in the middle of northern Raleigh (millbrook, lynn rd.) are not the ones to looks at as the market is dying in that area. I have lived here in Raleigh for 22 years and seen the areas of growth and change.
Why is the market dying along Millbrook/Lynn? The schools are good, it's close to EVERYTHING, there are parks, greenways, mature trees, not as much school overcrowding, they're still redeveloping North Hills Mall, and it's not as insanely expensive as ITB on the north side.

Please explain, I'm very curious what might be negating all those positives...

Old 04-06-2007, 07:48 AM

9,066 posts, read 18,344,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cooperwx View Post
Why is the market dying along Millbrook/Lynn? The schools are good, it's close to EVERYTHING, there are parks, greenways, mature trees, not as much school overcrowding, they're still redeveloping North Hills Mall, and it's not as insanely expensive as ITB on the north side.

Please explain, I'm very curious what might be negating all those positives...
I am interested to hear this as well. The Millbrook/Lynn area in N. Raleigh seems highly desireable to me. I lived in an Apartment around Lake Lynn in that area and absolutley loved The Stonehenge development. Unfortunately it was well out of my price range. Not sure why it would be considered a "dying" market when it seems to have so much of what so many people are looking for. Most of the homes I usually see for sale there get snatched up quite fast!

Old 04-06-2007, 08:03 AM

41 posts, read 132,921 times
I disagree also. Our house (and it was even a townhouse - some would say even more difficult for a resale) was located off of Lynn, near Six Forks, and it sold within a month and a half on the market in the dead of winter. If you have a nice place in that area, I think it is highly desireable. Obviously inside the beltline would be MOST desireable and give you the best resale opportunities, but you pay a premium for it.

Old 04-06-2007, 08:43 AM

1,246 posts, read 2,970,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewUser View Post
Maybe I shouldn't jump to conclusions so quickly. The sale of this house fell through on Wednesday and we went to look at it on Thursday. We just put in an offer today and hopefully it will be accepted by the sellers.

I am so glad you are getting a second chance to get your dream house. You'll have to let us know all the details once the offer is accepted.

Old 04-06-2007, 10:15 AM

374 posts, read 1,105,002 times
YAY!!!! Hope it goes smoothly for you!!!

Old 04-06-2007, 06:33 PM

265 posts, read 802,345 times
Congrats NewUser!! I hope it works out for you, but you know, if it doesn't, it just means it really wasn't the house you were meant to get. Trust that you'll find--and get--the right one.

Old 04-06-2007, 07:11 PM

70 posts, read 142,052 times
can anyone suggest or provide details on some of the new home communities - I'm in NJ and have looked at Thornrose in Wake Forest and Carrington, Windcrest and Sunset Ridge in Holly Springs - which we like very much. I hear all sorts of things about over crowding and we have 5 school aged children so am concerned. We also come for a town of less than 10K so to say it's a small rural community is an understatement at best!

Also, very anxiety sticken over all the snake posts and just generally making the wrong decision. HELP!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary