U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 04-01-2007, 12:15 PM

76 posts, read 189,199 times

Advertisements

I am considering relocation to Wake County - and my boyfriend currently has his own flooring business here in NY. We are trying to do research on flooring companies and I am curious if anyone has any input on this subject as it is hard to find this information online.

Thank You
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2007, 08:01 PM

161 posts, read 502,395 times
Is it commercial or residential- carpet, tile? Things seem quite the same as NY in that you will probably have to get a contractor's license and carry some basic liability/workmans comp insurance. Instead of DBA you are better protected by establishing a LLC. Speak to an accountant. Depending on your area they have many new business networking meetings that go on where you pay a small fee and get to network with others in a group setting. Does the business own a building or any real estate up North? You can take a 1031 to purchase another commercial place of business and avoid any capital gains. Lots to consider when you move your self and your business...just went through it with my husbands business. We moved from LI about a year ago. The place is really growing and it really takes patience to rewire your contacts. Good luck.

Old 04-02-2007, 12:57 PM

76 posts, read 189,199 times
Default Well known Flooring Companies - good reps!!

Thanks for all the info!! The business does not require the need for an office building of any kind.

He mostly focuses on carpeting - but also is currently adding hard woods and tile. It is just difficult to find companies that have a good reputation because I can only find their websites - and they only say good things about themselves - input from others would be greatly appreciated
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary