Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2009, 04:36 PM

4 posts, read 11,212 times

Advertisements

we frequent Tony C's regulary. The pizza is fabulous-hand=tossed to boot! Nachos italiano had loads of meat and cheese. The nachose were nice and crisp underneath the delicious toppings! I hear kareoke starts this week and with a much improved wait staff things seem to be getting better. I hear Wii is coming to engage customers to pit their skills against each other or wait staff. Should be a fun place to hang out at night. I know that I don't care for the cover story either but it is what it is. Don't read it. Go and have fun, enjoy all the tv's. No restaurant that first opens whether it is a coffee shop or top of the line five star has a smooth transtion. Give them a break. It should work out.

Old 05-19-2009, 09:09 AM

1 posts, read 2,898 times
Default Terrific Restaurant/bar

Well, there seems to be an enormous amount of whining in this thread about what seems to be a terrific place to eat, drink and relax. I grew up in a big city where if your food wasn't at least great then your establishment failed. Tony C's reminds me of the terrific places I used to eat when I was younger.

The manager (who has been personable and cheerful every time my family and I have visited) is also a great salesman with food. If you get the chance ask him about the specials, he makes them sound terrific.... the trick seems to be that he really knows his food and alcohol, and can explain why they are going to be good not just what they are.

As far as the pizza goes... if you are a big pizza chain fan (ie. you like the taste of cardboard) then by all means avoid it. This is good pizza. I don't eat pizza anymore after working in the tech industry for 20 years and getting boxed garbage as a "treat" for every engineering meeting. Yet I tried theirs because my wife said it was worth it, and I was impressed.

Check out the drinks too, again ask the manager if hes around, he makes drinks the way they do the food... Mojitos... usually not a fan, as they are always done wrong. Tony C's mixes a terrific drink... its not a formula, it feels like this is their lives and they want it to be the best.

So do what you want, but for a place thats been open for a whopping 3 weeks they are doing fantastic. The opinion of a guy that loves food (me), and spends more meals out than at home is that its terrific, give it a try. I've taken several people there so far and they all became fans.

Almost forgot to mention one last thing, the atmosphere really helps make the place for me. Their chef actually does stand up acts once in awhile, the manager is an ex-marine, and ex-dj, and the waitresses are just sweetharts. Even if the food was average I'd show up just for the stories and personalities, but as the food is terrific I'm sure I'll have to start making reservations in the coming months.

Old 05-19-2009, 09:21 AM

9,196 posts, read 24,938,023 times
I have no opinion on Tony C's, but I'm always suspicious of the new member whose first and only post is a long, drawn out defensive tome responding to negative reviews of an establishment.

Old 05-19-2009, 02:47 PM

2,908 posts, read 3,873,038 times
To each their own, but I stand by my review that this place was not good.
BTW, a previous poster mentioned something about Nachos Italiano. No self respecting Italian would have that on their menu.

Old 05-20-2009, 12:17 PM

137 posts, read 552,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHTransplant View Post
I have no opinion on Tony C's, but I'm always suspicious of the new member whose first and only post is a long, drawn out defensive tome responding to negative reviews of an establishment.

It does raise your eyebrows a bit that almost every single positive review has been by people registered in May 2009 and generally no other posts!

Most of the original posts that reviewed the place poorly were made by long time members with lots of posts.

Hmmmmm I wonder what is going on!

Old 05-22-2009, 11:18 AM

4 posts, read 12,795 times
It's called Giovanni's. Good food - very expensive! If he thinks he can charge NY prices down here, he won't last long. They charge .35 additional for mayo, lettuce, tomato, etc. Mayo?? C'mon!! Your sandwich is made with Boar's Head but ends up costing $9.00!

Old 05-22-2009, 11:20 AM

4 posts, read 12,795 times
New restaurants usually go through the bad phase before they get all the kinks worked out. Hopefully this place will cuz it's a great location. One thing that amazed me - you got an italian restaurant who uses the worse marinara sauce I've ever had. It's gotta be out of a jar. Food was good, bar service great... but your italian for God's sake -- make your own homemade sauce!!!!!

Old 05-22-2009, 11:34 AM

2,135 posts, read 7,656,638 times
You frequent a place that has only been open a few weeks? Hm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by drumlady View Post
we frequent Tony C's regulary. The pizza is fabulous-hand=tossed to boot! Nachos italiano had loads of meat and cheese. The nachose were nice and crisp underneath the delicious toppings! I hear kareoke starts this week and with a much improved wait staff things seem to be getting better. I hear Wii is coming to engage customers to pit their skills against each other or wait staff. Should be a fun place to hang out at night. I know that I don't care for the cover story either but it is what it is. Don't read it. Go and have fun, enjoy all the tv's. No restaurant that first opens whether it is a coffee shop or top of the line five star has a smooth transtion. Give them a break. It should work out.

Old 05-23-2009, 01:42 PM

2 posts, read 4,358 times
So you wanna bash a place that just opened? If you are so knowledgeable than open your own place. Invest all your money and work 80 hours a week for the reward of idiots telling you how bad you are. Give them a chance, things will be great very soon, I will be a regular at Tony C's.

Old 05-23-2009, 01:51 PM

136 posts, read 378,921 times
hey mr. biggie your name isn't tony is it? only kidding, new places usually are uneven, especially on the 3rd day, try em again someday maybe you were right, maybe not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary