Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-02-2007, 11:35 AM

265 posts, read 1,292,411 times

Advertisements

Hey there. Been reading for a while and thought I'd post. My partner and I are moving to Siler City (yay!!) from Boston, with our two dogs (soon to be three!) andtwo cats. (The long-term plan is to have horses too.) We've been reading the posts trying to line up great veterinary services, boarding/day care in advance, but haven't found anything yet. Any recommendations? Also, I've heard that lime disease doesn't exist in the South--myth or truth? I'm dealing with treatment now for one of my dogs, caught before any actual symptoms, and while we'll be around for a recheck with my current vet, it's definitely something I want to keep an eye on. Thanks everyone...we can't wait to move to NC!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2007, 11:37 AM

1,531 posts, read 7,407,422 times
Yes we have Lyme Disease here....absolutely. I have two co-workers who've gotten it from being bit by ticks while out in the field.

Old 04-02-2007, 12:12 PM

11 posts, read 31,669 times
Definitely have lyme disease. I am not sure you are going to find a kennel/boarding service aside from the vets office in Siler City. Maybe something in Asheboro, definitely something towards Greensboro, nothing good in Pittsboro that I know of.

Old 04-03-2007, 09:29 AM

12 posts, read 28,665 times
Default try Blue Flint Animal Hospital in Asheboro

We recently moved from Asheboro to Wake Co., and we LOVED Blue Flint. We have several rescued dogs, and the vet technicians and vets were wonderful with our dogs and their issues. They have early opening times (6 A.M. on weekdays), and they're open Saturdays 8-12.

Asheboro is in Randolph Co, and it's about thirty minutes west of Siler City. Because Asheboro is more rural, the prices may be lower than in Durham or Wake Counties.

Good luck from a four dog family!

Old 04-04-2007, 08:00 AM

265 posts, read 1,292,411 times
Thanks everyone, especially WakeCoTeach with your suggestion about Blue Flint Animal Hospital--we'll definitely check it out. Plus, I've heard great things about Asheboro too, so I'm looking forward to exploring. We can't even wait to get down there, but it's not going to happen until July...we'll be moving from a teeny tiny less than a thousand sqare foot house on a postage stamp yard, to 3000+ on almost 9 acres! I don't know who's more excited, us or the dogs!

Old 09-14-2008, 01:46 PM

5 posts, read 18,320 times
Talking Great vet in siler city,nc

WE MOVED HERE ALITTLE OVER A YR AGO, AND HAVE FOUND A GREAT LOVING VET. IT IS TYSOR VET IN SILER CITY. 919 742 3646. DR TYSOR HAS DONE A GREAT JOB ON OUR LITTLE EMMI (KITTEN) sHE ALSO DID A GREAT JOB ON SPAYING AND DE-CLAWING. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND HER AND HER STAFF TO ANYONE. IT IS SMALL QUAINT AND VERY LOVING PLACE. THEY CARE FOR YOUR PET!! I HOPE THIS HELPS!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PudelPie View Post
Thanks everyone, especially WakeCoTeach with your suggestion about Blue Flint Animal Hospital--we'll definitely check it out. Plus, I've heard great things about Asheboro too, so I'm looking forward to exploring. We can't even wait to get down there, but it's not going to happen until July...we'll be moving from a teeny tiny less than a thousand sqare foot house on a postage stamp yard, to 3000+ on almost 9 acres! I don't know who's more excited, us or the dogs!

Old 09-14-2008, 03:18 PM

214 posts, read 1,002,183 times
Congrats on the impending move! I recently moved to Pittsboro, which is just 15 minutes from Siler. I don't know of any boarding there in town, though I'm sure there is some, but I just boarded my dog at a new place that just opened up on the outskirts of Pittsboro and had to give a recommendation for them.

It is summer camp style, with the dogs staying in cabins, with doggy door access to completely enclosed outside areas. They get a mile walk in the morning, and play time in groups in the afternoon. My dog doesn't do well staying home alone with a petsitter, and he did so well at Companion Camp. The owners live on site, and it is so pictureque out there, I was almost tempted to ask if I could stay too!

Good luck on your move! Hope it goes smoothly!

Welcome to Companion Camp

Old 09-14-2008, 09:12 PM

148 posts, read 559,691 times
Dr. Redding in Siler City, don't know the name of the practice.
Triangle Equine is based in Cary, but may go out as far as where you're landing.
Welcome to NC from another animal crazy pair (3 cats, 2 horses, and dozens of fish and counting).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary