Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-23-2009, 12:51 PM

2 posts, read 5,451 times

Advertisements

My mortge company has been a preditory lender, whom would not send monthly statements, nor honor a request for medical hardship after they said they would and took thr 6k request that was made to us to keep from fore closer. After we sent the money they never contacted us, so we complained to their main office and we got a letter stating we would be contacted. Well, we were, they sent a notice of fore closer ! We document most thinhs so we were prepared, but worried crazy. In the court room the clerk asked the banks attorney to present their case. It intailed us not making but three payments the past seventeen months and that was their case. Our side was presented and we showed fifteen payments and agreed we were two months behind, but explained the medical problem and the request we made and that we had followed all they asked of us and that we had also borrowed the money to send to them. So the Bank lost its case. After speaking with legal aid, we were advised that the company was acting as a preditory lender,as she had spent two & hald months trying to get them to credit the payments. Thus, she said to protect your self from these people, it would be avisable to file chapter 13 for their claim of the rears. Four months after we were in 13, the Bank tried to take us to fore closer again and lost. After that, we found they had charged off our loan. Now it is no longer on their books and when you call, they say there is no such loan. Nineteen months in to the loan, after we had complained to every one and the banking comission, the bank started sending us a statement. NOT a Mortage statement, but a Comerical Loan Statement, which does not credit us for payments and aquirs late charges on the statement before the date has arrived. All I have read and the people I have taked to indicate I should no longer pay them as the no longer have the loan as, it is charged off. Just were do I stand legally and what should we do to remove their position if any ?

Respectfully submitted,

Joe Bostic
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2009, 12:59 PM

9,848 posts, read 30,282,498 times
Joe,

You need to sit down with a Real Estate Attorney. They should be able to help you sort this out and explain where you stand.

Good Luck.

Old 04-23-2009, 03:35 PM

2,270 posts, read 9,147,676 times
Agreed, you need a legal opinion. What does your Legal Aid lawyer say?

If they can't answer, there are some good resources on this site under "Need Help?" Consumer Resources Overview - Center for Responsible Lending

Good luck!

Old 04-26-2009, 01:51 AM

13 posts, read 46,648 times
Default Attorney

Joe,

You definitely need a real estate attorney. Has this been reported to your credit report? I have this attorney who specializes in credit law and Fourth Amendment laws. PM me if you would like to contact him. I was in a very serious car crash in 2006 when an illegal crashed into me head-on. I had some credit issues after the crash, and this attorney took care of the issues and I received punitive damages. He takes cases on contingency if you plan to sue. He's legal and graduated from UNC-CH School of Law.

Old 04-26-2009, 09:47 AM

9,680 posts, read 27,161,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by XCop View Post
Joe,

You definitely need a real estate attorney. Has this been reported to your credit report? I have this attorney who specializes in credit law and Fourth Amendment laws. PM me if you would like to contact him. I was in a very serious car crash in 2006 when an illegal crashed into me head-on. I had some credit issues after the crash, and this attorney took care of the issues and I received punitive damages. He takes cases on contingency if you plan to sue. He's legal and graduated from UNC-CH School of Law.
Legal Aid is overloaded with work. I'd call this attorney first thing tomorrow morning.

Good luck, Joe.

Old 05-08-2009, 06:58 AM

2 posts, read 5,451 times
Hey Guys,

Thanks for the replies to my question as to Charge off's. I have sopken to an Attorney and she claims it does not matter, the loan is still good, which for the life of me is crazy.

Joe

Old 05-10-2009, 07:55 AM

33 posts, read 167,778 times
Also try creditboards dot com. There is wealth of info their and they may be able to provide you with contacts and resources specific to you situation.

Old 05-11-2009, 08:06 AM

3,501 posts, read 6,165,788 times
Shouldn't this be in the Personal Finance forum?

Old 05-11-2009, 03:32 PM

13 posts, read 46,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saturnfan View Post
Legal Aid is overloaded with work. I'd call this attorney first thing tomorrow morning.

Good luck, Joe.
This guy isn't legal aid. He has his own private practice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary