Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2009, 06:26 AM

67 posts, read 210,236 times

Advertisements

Anyone ever been to this? Its at the fairgrounds this weekend - looks like it would be a nice retreat for the afternoon :-)

If you have been, what was your experience - is it worth the $7.00 admission?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2009, 07:57 AM

1,531 posts, read 1,542,977 times
I've gone to the Southern Women's Show for the last few years and I love it! It is definitely worth the admission price. There are tons of samples including products and food. If you like to enter all the giveaway drawings, be sure to print up labels ahead of time with your name, address, and phone number so that you can just stick them on the slips instead of having to fill out each one. A couple of years ago, I won the professional version of a Sonicare toothbrush that had a value of more than $200!

Definitely go! You'll enjoy it.

Old 04-24-2009, 08:05 AM
Status: "Made the Retirement Run in under 12 parsecs!!!" (set 17 days ago)

43,161 posts, read 76,761,493 times
Southern Shows tries very hard to present a great experience at their shows.
I would think the Southern Women's Show would be no exception.

There is a heckuva list of exhibitors.

Old 04-24-2009, 09:25 AM

12,475 posts, read 32,179,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
Southern Shows tries very hard to present a great experience at their shows.
I would think the Southern Women's Show would be no exception.

There is a heckuva list of exhibitors.
I'm disappointed in that response! I wanted to hear your take on the Southern WOMEN'S show! I know you've been...don't try to deny it!!!

I hear that that Kate from Jon and Kate and 8 is going to be there!

Amost enough reason NOT to go!!!

Vicki

Old 04-24-2009, 11:34 AM

9,196 posts, read 24,886,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
So I clicked the link, and right there near the top of the list is "American Association for Nude Recreation." Now I'm wondering what kind of show this is . . .

Old 04-24-2009, 11:40 AM

1,877 posts, read 5,332,566 times
I've been to the show years ago and I enjoyed it. Much better than the home show that was just held there. I found that one to be a rip off.

Old 04-24-2009, 11:57 AM

12,475 posts, read 32,179,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHTransplant View Post
So I clicked the link, and right there near the top of the list is "American Association for Nude Recreation." Now I'm wondering what kind of show this is . . .
Or...did Mike just list his favorites in order?!!

Vicki

Old 04-24-2009, 06:27 PM

766 posts, read 1,655,186 times
I have been to the Southern Women's Show 3 times previously. I always have fun and as the previous posted stated you get your monies worth between samples, coupons, etc. There are low end and mid range items to purchase. There's always tons of people to meet.

I am considering going Sunday, but I was kind of disappointed there are no decent celebrities coming this year. I met Rebecca Hearst, Jonathan Jackson, and James Denton previously. I am missing someone. That was part of the fun in me attending the show.

Old 04-24-2009, 06:34 PM
Status: "Made the Retirement Run in under 12 parsecs!!!" (set 17 days ago)

43,161 posts, read 76,761,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHTransplant View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by VickiR View Post
Or...did Mike just list his favorites in order?!!

Vicki
Actually, my favorite, (and, no, I have never attended...) is
"Little Missy Prissy Pants" Hairbows for girls.

Gotta love that one, if only for the name...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielleNC View Post
I've been to the show years ago and I enjoyed it. Much better than the home show that was just held there. I found that one to be a rip off.
You paid?!
Gee... Get your Realtor to send you free tickets...

DM coming to you.

Old 05-07-2009, 06:46 PM

1 posts, read 1,800 times
Was that home show downtown or at the fairgrounds?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary