U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Unread 04-26-2009, 08:14 PM

4,116 posts, read 1,880,201 times
The Swine Flu comment is hilarious............lol

No but seriously it might be either a squirrel or possibly a raccoon?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Unread 04-27-2009, 04:49 PM

515 posts, read 748,728 times
Our resident groundhogs/gophers(not sure of the difference) we caught red handed on our front porch eating the flowers. Ate every single one of them. We have to resort to hanging baskets from now on I guess.

Unread 04-27-2009, 05:37 PM

7,051 posts, read 12,902,994 times
Try spraying them with a mixture of water and hot sauce.

Unread 04-27-2009, 07:18 PM

186 posts, read 267,536 times
Go get some poison and spray on them. Make sure it doesn't kill the flowers though, that'll stop whoever is eating them.

-hopes its not some person-

Unread 04-28-2009, 04:45 AM

449 posts, read 937,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KellyCrash View Post
leaves of my annuals have round cut outs in the center of the leaf
I don't know what type of flowers you have out, but I have on rare occasion burned holes in tender leaves by getting water on the leaves during the day, and the water acting as a "magnifying glass". I've done this with a rose and some other plant that I don't recall. A lot of people will claim this is BS, but I've actually done it . . . so there.

Lamishra's advice is good (water and hot sauce). I blend up a few peppers (usually tabasco, because they're juicy) in a quart of water and add a few drop of liquid soap, then put in a spray bottle. Works well for a lot of little pests - not so well for hornworms.

Organocide - an "organic" pest control product that is getting a lot of attention recently (but expensive) is just 5% Sesame oil as the active ingredient and 92% fish oil as the inactive. I'll probably try mixing up some sort of sesame oil concoction this summer and see how it works. It supposedly kills the eggs and larvae of these garden pests, as well as act as a fungicide.

Unread 05-08-2012, 01:48 PM

1 posts, read 234 times
i just planted my new garden i have calililes and others but they r leaving my calilies alone but eating everything else im getting frustrated what could it be eating my flowers

Unread 05-08-2012, 02:55 PM

19,372 posts, read 12,323,751 times
what plants? do you have deer? they will eat everything. a bit too early for beetles and the usual suspects. take a picture and post to the gardening forum
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary