Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-03-2008, 03:24 PM

167 posts, read 565,094 times

Advertisements

Hi all--

I'm thinking of buying Broadway Series South tickets, but I have never been inside Raleigh Memorial Auditorium. I typically like the mezzanine but is there anything I should know about this venue in particular (is the mezzanine particularly high or far back?). What would you consider the best seats for your buck?

Thanks!
Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2008, 03:37 PM

5,500 posts, read 10,480,539 times
I find the Mez to be a bit far back. You can't find any pictures online of what the view is from each section which is annoying. We were in the first row of H and it was great. I just bought Seinfled tickets in V to try a different seat.

Old 10-03-2008, 03:40 PM

12,475 posts, read 32,134,244 times
Look at the chart as that helps.

I usually go for the best tickets IN THE MIDDLE.

Sometimes I find that even if I'm closer but on the sides, the seats aren't that good.

I'd rather be a bit further back but in the middle. We go all the time. Broadway South plays are great.

Vicki

Old 10-03-2008, 03:46 PM

10,728 posts, read 22,721,541 times
There is a small section of about 5-6 rows in the FRONT of the mezzanine that I found to be the best bang for the buck--you still get the cheaper "Mezz" rate, but it is right behind the orchestra seats that cost much more. It's really sort of a quasi-mezzanine.

It's still fairly far back, and I would suggest taking binoculars if you want to see close-ups, but another advantage is, the sound engineer is usually right around that same area, meaning the sound is set at levels he (and that section) can hear best. When I've sat closer to the front, I could see better, but the sound was usually unbalanced.

Old 10-03-2008, 03:59 PM

892 posts, read 3,151,486 times
We always sit mezzanine level. In that house, they are the best seats according to us. If you go to the box office, you can pick and choose your very own seat(s)!

Old 10-03-2008, 04:53 PM

167 posts, read 565,094 times
OK awesome. We're looking at tickets in the first or second row of the mez (i guess section H hopefully row N). I tend to like mezz (as a dancer and choreographer). I'm ordering my season tickets today. VERY excited!

Old 04-25-2009, 08:04 AM

2 posts, read 14,799 times
Can someone tell me what would be the best seating if you have a four year old going. I want her to be able to acutally see the characters. I have never been there before.

Old 04-25-2009, 05:56 PM

10,728 posts, read 22,721,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmsces View Post
Can someone tell me what would be the best seating if you have a four year old going. I want her to be able to acutally see the characters. I have never been there before.
First, I hope you're going to something aimed at kids, and not subjecting a 4-year-old to an adult show she will likely find long and boring (or subjecting your seatmates to a cranky 4-year-old ). When I took a friend's daugher to "The Nutcracker" last year, I made it so that she (who is 6 but small, about the size of a 4YO) had the aisle seat and thus nobody was right in front of her (we were on the outside of the aisle, so the "diagonal view" she had was towards the middle, but we were far enough back that being on an outside section wasn't a hindrance). Aisle seats are also recommended with youngsters so if they have to leave, you can take them out as discreetly as possible

Old 04-28-2009, 02:52 PM

2 posts, read 14,799 times
Thanks for your reply, and yes it would be wizard of oz which she is very into. However can you be more specific about the seating such as which set of seats would be best for her to be able to see, like not to far away that she cant tell whats going on, but not too close that she cant see either.

Old 04-28-2009, 03:25 PM

892 posts, read 3,151,486 times
Go down to the box office and ask them either to show you around or suggest seating for you and the four year old. Surely, they will be glad to help.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary