Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-30-2009, 07:04 AM

1,495 posts, read 3,721,235 times

Advertisements

We have a 2000 square foot home that we need to furnish.
I'm challenged when it comes to picking out paint/furniture and all that good stuff.

Any suggestions?
Would love it if someone on forum has a small biz - we are ex-small biz owners and always look to support one . . .thanks gang.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2009, 07:15 AM

158 posts, read 472,850 times
I would try Lori Batten at Bleu Batten Interiors. Her work is great.

Bleu Batten Interiors
(919) 605-7885
lori@bleubatten.com

Old 04-30-2009, 07:46 AM

578 posts, read 3,081,572 times
Make your budget and expectations extremely clear to whomever you interview and ultimately hire. Many of the interior designers want to sell you physical product from their own inventory in addition to, or maybe even more importantly than, simply helping you develop your interior design. So consider interviewing people that do sell product (often cheaper than comparable products in local stores) and people that also just work at an hourly rate but sell no actual product directly.

Old 04-30-2009, 11:13 AM

757 posts, read 2,083,364 times
Ethan allen offers an interior decorater to come to your house for free and give you suggestions on all of that stuff as long as you buy furniture from them. They also help you pick out furniture and colors...etc.

Old 05-03-2009, 12:08 PM

3 posts, read 11,947 times
Hello M Johnson,
Did you ever find an Interior Designer?

Lisa Marie

Old 07-06-2009, 03:18 PM

3 posts, read 7,530 times
We recently bought some beautiful rugs from The Persian Carpet in Durham and tried to decorate the rest of the house ourselves. The staff at the PC recommended Design Lines and we found them to be quite knowledgeable, especially Brittany Ruch, whose skills we would highly recommend as the job she did was incredible.

Design Lines, Ltd - Raleigh Interior Design, Award-winning Interior Designers in Raleigh, NC

Last edited by eschewobfuscation; 07-06-2009 at 03:30 PM..

Old 07-07-2009, 10:20 AM

237 posts, read 757,188 times
We used Stroud's on Falls of Neuse. Tim Crawford is someone who has been in the business since he was a child. He will come to your home, take measurements and has great ideas. He also offers to have you go to home shows with him where he will walk you through and help you pick out things. If you would like more info, just send me a dm.

Old 07-28-2009, 10:28 PM

6,824 posts, read 9,058,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eschewobfuscation View Post
We recently bought some beautiful rugs from The Persian Carpet in Durham and tried to decorate the rest of the house ourselves. The staff at the PC recommended Design Lines and we found them to be quite knowledgeable, especially Brittany Ruch, whose skills we would highly recommend as the job she did was incredible.

Design Lines, Ltd - Raleigh Interior Design, Award-winning Interior Designers in Raleigh, NC
I'm also looking for a designer/decorator. I just saw your post. Was Design Lines expensive? Did you pay a few hundred or a few thousand dollars for the work? I have no idea what designers charge. How easy were they to work with? I didn't really like many of the designs I saw on the website, too many chandeliers and too many earth tone colors. I'd really like to hear more about your experience, if you don't mind elaborating.

Old 09-01-2009, 10:01 AM
Fan

65 posts, read 207,032 times
Did you ever think about trying custom designed rug and furniture services?
Wny don't you give this a try? Custom Designed Rugs & Furniture Services for Interior Designers & Discerning Tastes

Or you can use Live Interior ( Interior Design Software - Live Interior 3D Standard, Live Interior 3D Pro, Sweet Home 3D ...)
it will assist in visualizing your redesigned apartment way before you actually start the work!!!

Good luck!

Old 03-26-2010, 04:44 AM

1,495 posts, read 3,721,235 times
Wow, this is a blast from the past. We found a wonderful woman, Nan Romaine, through a friend and she did a spectacular job with our home.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary