Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2007, 11:32 AM

7 posts, read 23,845 times

Advertisements

Is there anyone who can give me some more information on life in Wake Forest? In particular the Heritage S/D?

What is the drive time to Raleigh, Pinehurst and coast from WF?

Elementary schools...are they as overcrowded as the Cary, Apex and Raleigh schools?

What kind of retail is there (Costco, Whole Foods, Trader Joes,...)?

Is there a Farmer's Market, if not, the closest one?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2007, 01:11 PM

2,834 posts, read 12,034,535 times
Heritage is on the south east side of wake forest, close to rolesville (about 5 miles from there), very nice subdivision, the lots are not huge by wake forest standards, but nicely appointed and they did leave some trees! People who live there seem to love it, I have friends who are moving from a smaller home to a larger one there, and they have been extremely happy.

Driving time depends on where you are going in raleigh! It is a big place. Probably driving to north raleigh is 10 minutes, but driving to downtown may take you closer to 35, depending on which way you go. I don't know where you are trying to get to "in raleigh", so it is hard to give an estimate. Pinehurst, I dont' know! The beach, again it depends on which beach, but probably 3 hours to wilmington (wrightsville beach tends to be the closest beach to the triangle, but the one that the natives go to the least!).

Retail: defnitely up and coming in many ways........currently, super target, super walmart, lowe's, home depot, grocery stores, lots of restaurants, movie theater, ice skating rink, indoor soccer facilities, many parks. The closest costco is about 25 minutes, there is a BJ's that is 15 minutes, it is across from the mall, triangle town center.

Farmer's market........it is starting back up this weekend, every saturday in downtown wake forest. I think right now they have 18 venders, plus throughout the spring and summer there are indpendent "fruit stands" with many veggies and fruit, one on main street (1A) and one off of capital near the lowe's food grocery store. The huge farmer's market is about 30 minutes away near NC State University

I have shown houses in most of the developments around here, and I live here as well, so feel free to ask away.

Leigh

Old 04-06-2007, 02:08 PM

45 posts, read 178,010 times
We looked in Heritage as well. They are attractive homes with nicely sized rooms with the avg. lot from what I can tell being about .25 acre. It is a very large development w/several styles and phases, each w/a clubhouse, community pool, etc. Definitely not a bad neighborhood if you're looking for a traditional suburban type of subdivision with nearby ammenities such as shopping, etc.

Old 04-06-2007, 04:31 PM

653 posts, read 2,987,172 times
Heritage also has several price points, up to the million+ mark on the golf course. The fees to join the golf club are very reasonable, too, compared with the other clubs in the area.

The newest phase in development, down Rogers Rd. behind the Harris Teeter, will not only have a community pool, but also a lazy river!

Commuting from Wake Forest has improved quite a bit recently with the completion of the 98 bypass, as well as I-540 continuing past hwy 401. (Look at a map to see those, if your map is recent enough! ) Future improvements include the widening of Falls of Neuse Rd. up to Wakefield, and the continuation of New Falls of Neuse all the way through to Falls of Neuse.

Wake Forest is growing quickly, so new schools are being built. Forest Pines Elem. will move into its new campus this coming year, and (someday) Heritage High will be built. Watch the individual addresses, because even if you're living in Heritage, you may or may not be assigned to Heritage Elem and Middle. Also, all of the elem. schools are year round except Wake Forest Elementary. Not that that's a bad thing, our daughter is in year round in Wake Forest and we love it.

Check www.wcpss.net for more info, including school assignments by address.

Old 04-06-2007, 06:02 PM

134 posts, read 410,637 times
We have a house on the golf course (with a basement) in Heritage and love it. Great community. Wonderful neighbors. Ideal if you have small children. Our kids come home from school, grab their scooters, and go play. Very safe. The schools seem good, too.

Old 04-06-2007, 08:14 PM

1 posts, read 3,571 times
Help!
We are Boomers looking for a second residence in the Triangle area. We just looked at some luxury Townes in Cary and some nice single family homes in Wake Forest Bowling Green. Can anyone shed some light on what life for us would be in Wake? (We definitely decided that we didn't want an age-restricted community.) While I don't want to look out at everyone who's the same age as we are, we also don't want to be the only Boomers in town!

If you're a former NYC resident living in Wake Forest, I would especially love hearing from you. Thanks!!

Old 04-06-2007, 08:40 PM

374 posts, read 1,598,708 times
Thanks for all the info on HEritage. This is one of our top 3 neighborhoods to revisit next week and i think it just moved to #1 after this post! We have young kids and love to socialize and have stuff to keep us busy so I feel like its the perfect fit. PLus DH has dreams of making the PGA tour one day...LOL. The lots we have looked at were decent sized and still had pine trees and room for play area for kids plus a nice back porch to sit on. I hope we find one that meets all our criteria there next week!!! I'm so excited.

Old 04-06-2007, 08:45 PM

So for year-round schools, when does the new school year begin and what is the cycle?

Coming from the traditional NE schools, I LOVE the idea of year-rounds!

Old 04-06-2007, 08:48 PM

Wow, that is something I've been dreaming about with for my kids. Although our town is a "safe" one, the street is rather busy and I am just not comfortable with letting them loose on their own (they are only 7 & 5).

I think we will definitely make the trip to WF to further investigate when we are down next week.

Thanks!

Old 04-06-2007, 08:53 PM

3,124 posts, read 12,668,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCHomeFinder View Post
Heritage also has several price points, up to the million+ mark on the golf course. The fees to join the golf club are very reasonable, too, compared with the other clubs in the area.

The newest phase in development, down Rogers Rd. behind the Harris Teeter, will not only have a community pool, but also a lazy river!

Commuting from Wake Forest has improved quite a bit recently with the completion of the 98 bypass, as well as I-540 continuing past hwy 401. (Look at a map to see those, if your map is recent enough! ) Future improvements include the widening of Falls of Neuse Rd. up to Wakefield, and the continuation of New Falls of Neuse all the way through to Falls of Neuse.

Wake Forest is growing quickly, so new schools are being built. Forest Pines Elem. will move into its new campus this coming year, and (someday) Heritage High will be built. Watch the individual addresses, because even if you're living in Heritage, you may or may not be assigned to Heritage Elem and Middle. Also, all of the elem. schools are year round except Wake Forest Elementary. Not that that's a bad thing, our daughter is in year round in Wake Forest and we love it.

Check www.wcpss.net for more info, including school assignments by address.
Forest Pines, while it was in WF last year at it's temp location...is actually in Wakefield (and yes, there is a difference). They are going to use the former Forest Pines campus as a 9th grade center. (Wakefield's 9th grade center will be at the old Winn-Dixie in front of the Target on route 98.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary