Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2010, 06:46 PM

2 posts, read 3,584 times

Advertisements

I just moved here from NY I have my NC insurance and passed all the test. Now I have to register my car are there any businesses in NC where they go to the DMV for you for a fee. I know we had this service in NY and was wondering if anyone does this here. I just do not have the time to go...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2013, 05:29 PM

1 posts, read 1,362 times
I already got my NC license, just waiting for the physical license to arrive by mail, but i understand i need the REAL one (not temproary one) to register my vehicle, and if you own the vehicle with no lien but can't find the title from the move, can you still register your vehicle in NC and then move on to getyour plates/tags

Old 08-27-2013, 09:07 PM

523 posts, read 1,326,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmk1 View Post
I already got my NC license, just waiting for the physical license to arrive by mail, but i understand i need the REAL one (not temproary one) to register my vehicle, and if you own the vehicle with no lien but can't find the title from the move, can you still register your vehicle in NC and then move on to getyour plates/tags
No. You must have the out-of-state title in hand to apply for a title and registration here. If you can't find the title, you'll need to request a replacement title from the last state of registration. Once you receive that, you can title and register the car in NC.

Old 08-29-2013, 05:27 PM

138 posts, read 256,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lb27608 View Post
No. You must have the out-of-state title in hand to apply for a title and registration here. If you can't find the title, you'll need to request a replacement title from the last state of registration. Once you receive that, you can title and register the car in NC.
Correct. I was surprised though that you need your new physical license to get a NEW car registered. I purchased a car between the time I got my temporary license {my other license was out of state} and my physical permanent one, and they couldn't register the car with my temporary license. They had to wait for the permanent one to arrive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary