U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 05-08-2009, 06:57 AM

86 posts, read 205,622 times
TWC came out to my house shortly after we moved in and did the same rewiring/splitter repairs and to this day we still are having problems. I'm thinking of making the jump to ATT U-Verse once it's available in my area and proves to be reliable.

Old 05-08-2009, 09:16 AM

446 posts, read 822,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlton Dude View Post
Once you get the builders switch box eliminated, you too will have the awesome and reliable service I have through TWC.
Thanks for your amazing insight on this. I always thought there were so many possibilities and variables involved with this type of technology....especially with all the bad DVR boxes out there.....but I guess I was wrong.

Old 05-08-2009, 10:15 AM

479 posts, read 666,468 times
Quote:
Well, that is the point of the thread. There are a few people that have had legitimate problems and I explained how to solve it. I've been rock solid ever since. Thank you TWC for excellent and responsive customer service and for your continuing quality product. I just couldn't imagine going with anything else.
The problem with this thread (and a lot of your threads, although I'm not sure it is intentional) seems to be your choice of words; here, your choice of the word "legitimate". This implies that users with other problems or the same problem that this solution did not fix, do not have real issues. It is a bit condescending. You say you are an optimistic positive person trying to help others, so why would you want to make anyone ever feel bad? All you had to say in the beginning was, this solved my problem, so maybe it can help others. If not, so be it. Then you would have offered your help and been done with it. You wouldn't have had to post again unless someone asked you a question, saving your posting energy for something more interesting and worthy.

I do appreciate the helpful posts you've contributed to the forum, I just wish you were a little less abrasive sometimes and more considerate of the feelings of others. You've hurt my feelings a bit on several occasions. I don't cry or dwell on it, just feel a little pang in my heart sometimes (like the time you were bashing a bit on the area where I live and love). If you would follow the method for all of your posts that I outlined above, there would be less contention and drama in our forum. 'Course, some people live for that stuff, just not me

Old 05-08-2009, 02:28 PM

8,263 posts, read 14,739,691 times
The only issue we ever had with TWC was the bad DVR software which I understand was finally solved.

Went back to TWC analog with no box and are very satisfied.

Old 05-08-2009, 06:53 PM

164 posts, read 247,556 times
I am a tech/consultant for TWC and even I can admit there are glitches. A huge fiber network with thousands of pieces of CPE are going to have problems, but it's been my experience that a lot of problems are associated with incorrect pre-wiring. Pre-wiring contractors have no idea about signal ingress, signal loss, etc. They are there to slap some wires to the desired locations and go on to the next house. I have seen many homes just built this year still using crimp style f-connectors, which with the advent of new technology and materials (HD, VioP, etc) is just unacceptable. Analog cable will work no matter what to a certain degree, advanced services will not. This is in no way the customers problem, and I hope the majority of these problems get solved. If they don't, by all means contact a superior, so that someone can remedy your situation.

Old 05-08-2009, 08:49 PM

446 posts, read 822,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAtlantaTransplant View Post
I am a tech/consultant for TWC and even I can admit there are glitches. A huge fiber network with thousands of pieces of CPE are going to have problems, but it's been my experience that a lot of problems are associated with incorrect pre-wiring. Pre-wiring contractors have no idea about signal ingress, signal loss, etc. They are there to slap some wires to the desired locations and go on to the next house. I have seen many homes just built this year still using crimp style f-connectors, which with the advent of new technology and materials (HD, VioP, etc) is just unacceptable. Analog cable will work no matter what to a certain degree, advanced services will not. This is in no way the customers problem, and I hope the majority of these problems get solved. If they don't, by all means contact a superior, so that someone can remedy your situation.
Thanks for the info.

Old 05-08-2009, 08:56 PM

Location: Former Michigander living in Durham, NC (SW Durham)
669 posts, read 1,506,370 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbis View Post
Thanks for the info.
Ditto!

Old 05-08-2009, 08:56 PM

1,788 posts, read 2,398,550 times
My service with TWC has been fairly solid since the initial first three months. But wow, when they first put it in, service was out daily, mutiple times. Been pretty happy since. Let us hope they don't start charging per useage as has been suggested here.

Old 05-08-2009, 09:52 PM

23,060 posts, read 18,016,876 times
Quote:
Well, that is the point of the thread. There are a few people that have had legitimate problems and I explained how to solve it. I've been rock solid ever since. Thank you TWC for excellent and responsive customer service and for your continuing quality product. I just couldn't imagine going with anything else.
Some threads it just doesn't pay to be nice.

Old 05-09-2009, 07:40 AM

2,034 posts, read 2,705,936 times
Quote:
I am a tech/consultant for TWC and even I can admit there are glitches. A huge fiber network with thousands of pieces of CPE are going to have problems, but it's been my experience that a lot of problems are associated with incorrect pre-wiring. Pre-wiring contractors have no idea about signal ingress, signal loss, etc. They are there to slap some wires to the desired locations and go on to the next house. I have seen many homes just built this year still using crimp style f-connectors, which with the advent of new technology and materials (HD, VioP, etc) is just unacceptable. Analog cable will work no matter what to a certain degree, advanced services will not.

Thank you for the great input and this is why I started the thread. I lived in Durham and then Cary and never had any of the problems that some people "claim" they have. But once I moved into my new house in another town and had these issues, I wondered if in deed maybe I had just been lucky for years, along with many others that have stated how great their TWC service is. But the tech, which now you as a tech are backing up, pointed out the incompatibility of the pre-wired system. Once he ripped it out, WOW is it great again. Thanks so much for supporting what I was stating. I started the thread to help the ones that actually did have an issue, as I figured they might get some benefit out of what my tech discovered. I would like to thank you and all the other awesome people at TWC. I never had to wait on the phone, I had nothing but pleasant people and a quick resolution. BTW, some people 'claim" they are on hold forever. What I found is that if you call the first number listed on the website, you can run into problems. If you call the second number listed, you get right through.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary