Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2009, 02:43 PM

6 posts, read 8,318 times

Advertisements

Appreciate the opinions and feedback. Dining options are a consideration and the chain restaurants lack appeal and we would prefer not to drive 30-40 minutes to shop. Any reason there seems to be a lot of homes on the market near the Nuese Golf Club in Clayton? $350K-$300k FOR A 2500+sf home on a golf course seems incrdible.
I take it Apex and Fuquay-Varina are not quite as "rural" as Clayton?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2009, 03:09 PM

1,489 posts, read 5,679,517 times
If you want some better dining options from great local restaurants, I'd look at Durham, where you'll get more for your money anyway. You can find homes on golf courses in your range, or real close by to golf courses.

Old 07-31-2009, 02:14 PM

Appreciate all the comments and recommendations. Sounds like folks in this area are far friendlier and outgoing that what I've experienced in Cincy and Dallas. That alone my be a good reason to relocate to Raleigh

Old 10-27-2009, 02:45 PM

I recently visited the Raleigh area. Heritage in Wake was nice but over priced. The Village of Apex was a joke but we were very impressed with the available housing in Clayton . THe question is just how much is there to do in and near Clayton. The golfing opportunities looked great but are restaurants and activities limited?

Old 10-27-2009, 05:21 PM

4,532 posts, read 8,842,883 times
Based on your 2nd post, my reaction is to suggest you look at Durham too - another poster suggested this also. Durham has similar shopping to Raleigh, some wonderful independent restaurants (Raleigh does too), and has a different feel from Raleigh. You'd be close to Hillsborough and Chapel Hill - search them on the web, neat places. Maybe ck out Chatham County too.

Consider Hedingham in NE Raleigh, 1.5 miles from the 440 beltline and maybe 2.5 from 540 in Knightdale. It's a more economical golf course community and backs up to the Neuse River. It has an athletic club on site, loads of walking trails, good golf, fishing. You'll find a mix of young families, couples w/out kids, mostly business professionals, lawyers, etc. It's 15 mins to downtown & Midtown/North Hills (movies/upscale shopping), restaurants, 20-25mins to Cary. There's also a residential golf course in Raleigh/Garner area called Eagle Ridge. Again, you are maybe 15-20 mins from downtown in this location.

Feel free to DM me if I can be of assistance, I've lived in the area for 35 yrs. Also, there are some realtors on this site you could ask more specific Q's of - they seem very helpful!

A poster asked what Dell Webb is. It's a community for people over 50, or 55(?). Usually ranch style homes, the HOA takes care of the yards, no children can live there. It's meant to be a peaceful place for those over this age.

Old 10-28-2009, 05:30 AM

2,459 posts, read 8,054,204 times
You can certainly buy a home or townhome in N Raleigh and join one of the local country clubs like North Ridge:

North Ridge Country Club - Home Page

That would get you much better access to shopping etc and a five minute drive to play golf and enjoy the club.

Frank

Old 10-28-2009, 09:33 AM

9,680 posts, read 27,098,900 times
Be aware, the further out you go, the less public transit. Very little anywhere, really.

Most highways are unlighted, so you may be kept home if your night vision has declined as has mine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary