U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2009, 08:43 PM

35 posts, read 55,412 times

Advertisements

Those of you who aren't getting numb adequately, ask your dentist to consider using Septicaine in the upper and Carbocaine in the lower if they aren't already trying it. Most of us are stuck on using Lidocaine for upper and lower, and I have had some real problems getting certain people numb. The other issue could be simply...time.

I've seen very few, but some, patients who simply take a LONG time to absorb the anesthetic. For some of these I've asked the patient to come in 1 hour before their appointment and bring something to read. It is very rare, but there really are some of y'all out there who are difficult to get numb. Believe me, every dentist wants to get you numb quickly and comfortably. It's a badge of honor, much like a chef's presentation of a dish.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2009, 10:19 PM

414 posts, read 509,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmccall View Post
Those of you who aren't getting numb adequately, ask your dentist to consider using Septicaine in the upper and Carbocaine in the lower if they aren't already trying it. Most of us are stuck on using Lidocaine for upper and lower, and I have had some real problems getting certain people numb. The other issue could be simply...time.

I've seen very few, but some, patients who simply take a LONG time to absorb the anesthetic. For some of these I've asked the patient to come in 1 hour before their appointment and bring something to read. It is very rare, but there really are some of y'all out there who are difficult to get numb. Believe me, every dentist wants to get you numb quickly and comfortably. It's a badge of honor, much like a chef's presentation of a dish.
Well, I know for a fact that Lidocaine worked on my finger when I needed stitches, but I thought they only used novocaine for dental work like filling a cavity. I guess things have changed? I'm mostly terrified of needles into gums as it's very painful.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary