Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2009, 09:03 PM

646 posts, read 2,048,469 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by djustham View Post
No, the owner was too busy being rude to care about whether I as a customer would ever return. Maybe they will change their menu sign to reflect the true costs. It could be the greatest seafood known to man, which by the way it doesn't even come close, and I will never return.

Hopefully he will read this and learn something about how to successfully run a business. Because right now he doesn't have a clue.
I tried to find a web page for them...but they just have a half finished facebook entry.

Maybe this is like a 'soft opening' until they have a 'grand opening' when the kinks are worked out.

They should take a cue from the signs at Danny's....very easy to understand with multiple sides and everything. Sounds like they don't have a good pricing strategy anyway...with everything being an 'up charge'. People want to know a price....not read fine print.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2009, 10:40 PM

1,032 posts, read 3,433,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoya View Post
How was the staff? Friendly?
The staff seemed fine.. the person taking our order had a few problems.. but I'm sure she'll be fine in a week or two.

I did notice they had plenty of employees working in the back...

Old 05-22-2009, 01:08 PM

1,611 posts, read 4,843,442 times
Just had lunch there. First of all, the decor was so fun- a beachy theme, complete with straw umbrellas on the outside patio.

I had the crabcakes, and they were made with lump crabmeat- not too much filler. My friend had the shrimp. They were small but not popcorn shrimp. Both were delicious. The coleslaw was homemade & the hush puppies were great too. Fries were... fries.

We did not try to switch out any side items so we had no surprises there.

The staff were friendly and there wer lots of people working there. The place was doing a brisk business but was not overcrowded.

All in all I think this is a great addition to WF and I will go back.

Old 05-22-2009, 01:35 PM

1,219 posts, read 3,290,652 times
I bought a pound of shrimp last night at Lowe's Foods for just $3.99! It's on sale half price till Tuesday. We steamed 'em and made our own sauce with chili sauce and horseradish. Also got a container of potato salad marked down to .89. What a great dinner for two for around five bucks!

Old 06-07-2009, 08:11 PM

495 posts, read 1,075,845 times
Anyone know if this place serves fresh, local (as in North Carolina) seafood? It's hardly worth it to have another seafood place that sources from Sysco and US Foods, like most (if not all?) casual seafood restaurants around these parts (where the seafood is coming from I-40 WEST instead of the coast). It would be nice to not have to drive to Wilmington or Swansboro or New Bern or Morehead City to get off-the-boat coastal NC seafood. Local seafood is sold in the area's fish markets. It's about time that a non-upscale place, but a place that does Calabash-style, start serving it up. Not only does it help the local industry, but it just tastes better. Much better.

Old 06-08-2009, 02:28 PM

1,032 posts, read 3,433,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hula View Post
I bought a pound of shrimp last night at Lowe's Foods for just $3.99! It's on sale half price till Tuesday. We steamed 'em and made our own sauce with chili sauce and horseradish. Also got a container of potato salad marked down to .89. What a great dinner for two for around five bucks!
Where is it from? A lot of the shrimp @ the local grocery stores is from Thailand. I prefer something just a bit more local....

Old 08-12-2009, 10:33 PM

1 posts, read 1,951 times
I went there yesterday and was not impressed. I had a shrimp and scallops combo and I could not taste any difference between the two. Coleslaw was so so and I had fried squash that I thought would have been better if the batter had been done and not mushy. The hushpuppies were good !!!!

Old 08-27-2009, 06:56 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,178,045 times
Wife and I were there a few days ago. For FRIED seafood it was pretty good..nothing like fresh on the coast...but nice portions, we should have gotten one meal and shared it. Reminded us about the NC SEAFOOD at the Farmer's Market in Raleigh....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary