Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2007, 09:51 AM

112 posts, read 759,893 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhouse-kiwi View Post
Hi Todd

Where can I find info on the dog septic tank? First time I've heard of them.

Cheers, Liam
We got ours from Dr. Foster & Smith catalog. http://www.drsfostersmith.com/Produc...&N=2001+113510

Southward Bound may be right on the soil affecting how well it works. We had our in FL, not here, where the soil of a lot different.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2007, 12:07 PM

71 posts, read 309,589 times
Hi All ,

Thanks for the answers...Lot of great information
BTW: I am coming from the Franklin area in MA.

Old 04-09-2007, 01:30 PM

110 posts, read 332,520 times
Doggy Dooley's are great. But not for clay soils

Old 04-09-2007, 03:27 PM

284 posts, read 1,681,156 times
Are trash compactors common or very necessary? Being used to having a dumpster, the container system seems more environmentally friendly but may be hard to get used to.

Also, we've visited towns in the US where people have curb pick up, but they start accumulating garbage days before out at the street. Looks horrible. Does that happen anywhere in the area?

I have to ask, too, about bears. For those who live where bears may visit, do you have special trash procedures to discourage bear visits? Thanks!

Old 04-09-2007, 03:51 PM

3,124 posts, read 12,663,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scholar View Post
Are trash compactors common or very necessary? Being used to having a dumpster, the container system seems more environmentally friendly but may be hard to get used to.

Also, we've visited towns in the US where people have curb pick up, but they start accumulating garbage days before out at the street. Looks horrible. Does that happen anywhere in the area?

I have to ask, too, about bears. For those who live where bears may visit, do you have special trash procedures to discourage bear visits? Thanks!
I don't know anyone with a trash compactor. The bins the city provides are big enough...unless your family is huge and then they pay for another one.

There are rules about when trash can appear on the curb before pick-up day. It's normally the night before and the bins have to be picked up by the end of the collection day.

I understand Raleigh is quite strict on these things...other towns arent so strict at times.

Old 04-09-2007, 03:53 PM

237 posts, read 1,029,249 times
We have friends in Franklin, Oxford Drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by relocary View Post
Hi All ,

Old 04-09-2007, 04:36 PM

112 posts, read 759,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scholar View Post

Most towns will have rules regarding pick-up and the subdivision will likely have rules as well. Our covenants state that trash can't at the curb before 6 PM the day before and the containers must be promptly moved off the street. We also have rules as to where the containers can be stored. Basically, they can't be visible from the street. Of course, we have one person on the street (doesn't everybody?) that moves their over flowing trash can to the front of the house 2 days before and on gusty days we all get to pick up trash from our yards. Most people keep them in back or on the side of the house behind shrubbery. I didn't want the trash in the back where my son was playing, so I built a lattice screen on the side of the house to shield the trash can from view.

Haven't seen any bears here. Of course that doesn't mean they're not around. In fact, I haven't seen a bear since we lived in Massachusetts.

Old 04-09-2007, 05:39 PM

106 posts, read 310,438 times
Quote:
Hi All ,

I will be moving to Cary/Morrisville...in a month or two. Currently I live in the boston area have a wooded yard . Whenever I cut the grass, I dispose it off in my wooded lot..in a pile!

In NC, with the HOA, smaller sized yards..where do you put the cut grass? Do you bag it and let the trash guys pick it up?

Next question is a little grosser!!!
Where do you put the bags that you use to "cleanup" after your pets????

Pls do let me know...I am also planning to get a dog when i move there...so had to ask this question...Pls do reply..
I put my dog waste in a bag. I clean it up with small store bags and put it in trash bags.

Old 04-09-2007, 09:52 PM

260 posts, read 1,190,775 times
Quote:
Hi All ,

Hey There,

We bought a home in Fuquay last Nov. We live in va bch at the moment but used to live in Franklin, MA yrs ago... W-O-W it's really changed!! KNow that I think about it.. was about 15 yrs ago..

Welcome to the area.. hope you like it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary