Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2008, 05:09 PM

70 posts, read 271,025 times

Advertisements

Let's see we are somewhat newbies still under a year here. So Andy's is a good burger kind of tied with Cookout. I have to say great people that are very freindly in most all area's. Lots of trees!!!!! Fresh farmers markets. and oh yes did I metion lots of trees and a big glass of Iced Tea!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2008, 05:58 PM

1,955 posts, read 5,266,909 times
Weaver Street Market in Carrboro!

It has a great bakery, sells fantastic coffee (their house blend is one of the best coffees on the market in my opinion - beans are roasted right in Durham at Counter Culture Coffee), great desserts, great hot food bar, nice lawn in front where kids and aging hippies and musicians and students make for interesting people-watching and conversation. It sells the Mapleview Farms milk mentioned by another poster - makes the Counter Culture coffee even better.

Speaking of food, another great thing I've found here in the Triangle are the Neomonde Bakery/Lebanese/Turkish restaurants in Raleigh and Morrisville - delicious hummus and falafels!

As for barbeque, sorry, NC's variety doesn't hold a candle to Kansas City. Maybe it's just a question of style, though.

Old 04-03-2008, 06:03 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,518,175 times
Cold glass of Cheerwine and Sundrop on a hot summer day

Biscuitville for their made from scratch on the spot biscuits
locations in Durham, Raleigh, Cary. Fuquay Varina, Clayton and Graham

K&W Cafteria excellent lunch and dinner that you can eat your daily required vitamins location Raliegh

Red Slaw for your Lexington Style BBQ

North Carolina Wine and Vineyards

Old 04-03-2008, 06:12 PM

2,932 posts, read 7,824,312 times
I wonder if they will put a Dean and Deluca's here. There is one in Charlotte @ a shopping Center that looks a lot like N. Hills Mall. Maybe they should consider that area for a location?

I like Panera and Bruegger's coffee just fine. I also like Caribou Coffee, but they are all chains.

As for Chinese. I like the Asian Market in Cary (MMM BUBBLE TEA!). I also don't mind Wang's Kitchen in N. Raleigh. Neo-China is quite good in N. Raleigh. The Neo-China in Cary does Dim Sum. For pizza I like Randy's Pizza @ RTP and Vincent's Pizza. Andy's Pizza is also good, but I've heard they used to be even better. Lily's Pizza is really good too and it is @ Five Points.

Old 04-03-2008, 07:13 PM

492 posts, read 1,152,157 times
I love all the trees. Its green and pretty here, and most of the year too.

Barbeque...yum, never thought I'd like it w/out a red sauce, but I love it. Slaw on my burgers took awhile to get used to, but love it now. And hushpuppies...I dream of hushpuppies. Damn Weight Watchers.

Sweet tea, omg. I come from Chicago in 1990. We used to drink our tea unsweet. I started putting just a scoop in my 2gal tea, then few years later I noticed I was up to 2scoops sugar. Now, its 4scoops sugar in 2gal! We don't have it very often for that reason, mostly for holidays.

I love driving a few hrs west to the mountains, or a few hours east to the coast.

Old 04-03-2008, 07:23 PM

5 posts, read 14,500 times
are you people for real....nothing is that great...or is it

Old 04-03-2008, 07:37 PM

337 posts, read 1,138,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneOne View Post
As for barbeque, sorry, NC's variety doesn't hold a candle to Kansas City. Maybe it's just a question of style, though.
Them's fightin' words 'round here.

Old 04-03-2008, 08:02 PM

4,606 posts, read 7,689,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mantoci View Post
are you people for real....nothing is that great...or is it
dude......try the sweet tea, then get back to us

Old 04-03-2008, 08:37 PM

655 posts, read 916,719 times
Are you kidding me? My wife is all ready calling me a good ole southern "bubba" as she knows with all the good eatinin in NC, what is a coming!

Old 04-04-2008, 07:23 AM

9,680 posts, read 27,163,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
We are in barbecue heaven!
Hushpuppies1
Skins!
Sweet tea!
Collards!

Fish fry!
Biscuits! I mean, REAL biscuits!
Sausage biscuits!
Sausage and egg biscuits!
Biscuits and gravy!

Shrimp and grits!

Man, I just had a big breakfast, now a bagel, and my mouth is waterin' over the bountiful selections for lunch and supper!
Yes! Start at Barbecue Lodge. Then Bruegger's for bagels. End with Crystal Palace for Chinese.

Pig Heaven!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary