U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 05-24-2009, 09:06 AM

331 posts, read 856,978 times
Question Inexpensive Window Coverings

We are moving into a new rental and not all of the windows have window coverings. I am wondering where to get some very inexpensive window coverings. I need to buy some made to order, either mini blinds or pleated shades.

Thanks for the suggestions!
Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2009, 09:17 AM

242 posts, read 734,797 times
If all you want are cheap mini-blinds just to have something, try walmarts. They have ones between $4 and $11 each. When we first bought our home, it got broken into before we could move down. When we visited, we decided to get them for each window at that point as it was not an expected expense at the time. We were able to find ones in each needed size and for basic blinds are fine.

Old 05-24-2009, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy64 View Post
If all you want are cheap mini-blinds just to have something, try walmarts. They have ones between $4 and $11 each. When we first bought our home, it got broken into before we could move down. When we visited, we decided to get them for each window at that point as it was not an expected expense at the time. We were able to find ones in each needed size and for basic blinds are fine.
Most of the blinds at Walmart are one or two lengths only. I have some windows that are some unique sizes.

Old 05-24-2009, 10:30 AM

6,056 posts, read 8,568,903 times
I like J.C. Penneys' window coverings online. They often have great sales, too.

J.C. Penney (http://www.jcpenney.com/products/C25437.jsp - broken link)

Old 05-24-2009, 11:10 AM

361 posts, read 664,805 times
Lowes sells blinds that you cut to whatever width you need. They actually look pretty nice, as they are the linen looking ones, not miniblinds. And they don't need hardware. They just stick to the frame. SIL put them in her house and they lasted longer than a year with a decent amount of usage (moving them up and down) before they fell, and didn't take off any paint. Best of all, they're only $10.

Old 05-24-2009, 11:29 AM

576 posts, read 2,081,100 times
The length is easily adjustable as long as you want to go shorter. You just follow the included directions to remove some of the slats and shorten it up. Very easily. It's the widths that aren't adjustable with pre-made blinds. Target has the cheapest PVC mini blinds I believe. But they're fairly transparent.

Old 05-24-2009, 12:59 PM

465 posts, read 989,760 times
I was able to do all of my windows with blinds from Home Depot for about $25/window. They cut them if needed, and the length is easily adjusted. Not the cheapest route, but they're very nice looking and they last.

Old 05-24-2009, 06:40 PM

Thanks everyone!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary