Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-28-2009, 06:21 PM

4 posts, read 6,462 times

Advertisements

I'm a young professional heavily considering buying a townhouse/condo around the Raleigh area from Ohio. I dont know many details about the area as far as good areas to live etc. From what Ive researched it seems North/Notheast Raleigh is the place to be...is that right?. Does anyone know of more specific townhome communities in that area that are reasonably priced and in good neighborhoods? Im hoping to take advantage of this housing market and find a good deal...hopefully under 90K. Im single and dont have kids so school systems arent something Im taking into consideration. However, I do enjoy outdoor activities and it would be a plus if I was in a location that I could partake in those. Im also pretty liberal and like diversity and the arts. Ill also be looking for a job in the area (have a M.Ed in Community and Rehabilitation Counseling) so any input on good employers in the area would be appreciated also. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2009, 07:02 PM

1,877 posts, read 5,343,620 times
I would post this in the Triangle forum. I can't help you much since I am not too familiar with Raleigh, but I do know you will have a hard time finding something around $90,000 in a decent area. There are a few options for older townhomes/condos in SE Raleigh, but I'm not sure those are the best locations. I think if you could up it to even $100,000 I think you could find an older place in North Raleigh. Anyways, post in the other forum and others can help you out better. Good luck!

P.S. If you don't have a job here and not sure where you would be living I would rent wherever you get the job first. Then you can explore the area and maybe by then you will have saved up some money and can find a nicer place/area. I think if you could up it to even $100,000 I think you could find an older place in North Raleigh. Also, I would suggest checking out Greensboro. There are so many options under $90,000.

Last edited by DanielleNC; 05-28-2009 at 07:10 PM..

Old 06-01-2009, 02:27 PM

4 posts, read 6,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielleNC View Post
I would post this in the Triangle forum. I can't help you much since I am not too familiar with Raleigh, but I do know you will have a hard time finding something around $90,000 in a decent area. There are a few options for older townhomes/condos in SE Raleigh, but I'm not sure those are the best locations. I think if you could up it to even $100,000 I think you could find an older place in North Raleigh. Anyways, post in the other forum and others can help you out better. Good luck!

P.S. If you don't have a job here and not sure where you would be living I would rent wherever you get the job first. Then you can explore the area and maybe by then you will have saved up some money and can find a nicer place/area. I think if you could up it to even $100,000 I think you could find an older place in North Raleigh. Also, I would suggest checking out Greensboro. There are so many options under $90,000.

Thanks for the suggestions. Im actually going to Raleigh this weekend to check out some places and get a feel for the area I want to live. I am more interested in living near Raleigh due to more job prospects. Im not interested in living right downtown or anything like that for several reasons. Although, I would like a good location with fairly easy highway access. My budget can be a little flexible if I find a place I love but Id like to stay around 90k. I dont mind doing a little cosmetic work so a brand new townhome/condo is not a must.

Does anyone know much about any of these places: Villiages East, Avenida del Sol, or Avera Place? Pros/Cons?

Also any suggestions for townhomes near Apex or Holly Springs?

Old 06-01-2009, 03:00 PM

12,626 posts, read 32,065,841 times
I don't have any suggestions, but from the research I've been doing, I'm sure you could find a condo/townhome in that price range. Good luck this weekend. Bring us some pics.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary