Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2009, 12:22 PM

43 posts, read 186,108 times

Advertisements

Check this website:

Best Cities: It's All About Jobs - Yahoo! Real Estate
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2009, 12:41 PM

12,626 posts, read 31,900,849 times
What did I tell you guys?

Old 05-29-2009, 12:45 PM

521 posts, read 1,594,834 times
That rumbling noise you hear is the sound of the unwashed and unemployed masses stampeding to our fair city to steal our jobs, mock our accents, and turns us into a bottom-10 locale.

Old 05-29-2009, 12:47 PM

3,069 posts, read 8,864,488 times
like i said in my thread the mods locked "New Report States that Raleigh is #1 city on Lists of "Top [fill-in-the-blank]" Cities!!!!
......and in other news NC is the top state on lists of "Top [fill-in-the-blank]" states!!!!"

Old 05-29-2009, 02:34 PM

6,297 posts, read 16,043,432 times
What jobs?

Old 05-29-2009, 02:53 PM

9,848 posts, read 30,190,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovebrentwood View Post
What jobs?
Maybe they are talking about these.

The above a screen capture is of just a few jobs listed under one key word on a job board. Similar queries using different key words will turn up thousands of legitimate jobs.

Listen, I don't have my head stuck in the sand. I know there are fewer jobs out there than years past and competition is high in certain fields. I also know there are good people hurting out there as they look for employment and there are even some highly skilled people on this forum who are out of work. I am not making light of their plight. But to act like there are no jobs available in any field across the board and nobody can find employment becasue there is nothing out there is simply disingenuous.

Old 05-29-2009, 04:50 PM

2,036 posts, read 4,381,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovebrentwood View Post
What jobs?
Time to jump off the doom & gloom wagon. The wheels fell off. There ARE actually jobs here, regardless of what some might try to imply.

Quote:
Originally Posted by North_Raleigh_Guy View Post
But to act like there are no jobs available in any field across the board and nobody can find employment because there is nothing out there is simply disingenuous.
Funny how I have been beat up for some time now when stating things were not as bad or will not get as bad here as other parts of the country. But I am glad you and others are now supporting what I have said all along, even if it is very late. Welcome to the party.

Old 05-29-2009, 07:00 PM

28 posts, read 68,280 times
This area is great and will sustain itself indefinitely. As a lifelong resident I've seen steady growth and progress while resisting the negative trends of the rest of the nation. If we do experience a surge in outsider interest in our fair area, I have no doubt it will only boost the positivity we've seen for so long. Bring it on!!

Old 05-29-2009, 07:15 PM

1,190 posts, read 4,036,418 times
Default reply

My fortune 500 company just hired another sales rep for this area with an 80k base for a year. He will then go on straight commission(like the rest of us) and hopefully make well over 6 figures for us within 2-3 years. I am up 12% vs last ytd. I realize how fortunate that I am, but 92% of the good people of Wake County have a job.

Old 05-29-2009, 07:19 PM

2,036 posts, read 4,381,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uncletupelo View Post
My fortune 500 company just hired another sales rep for this area with an 80k base for a year. He will then go on straight commission(like the rest of us) and hopefully make well over 6 figures for us within 2-3 years. I am up 12% vs last ytd. I realize how fortunate that I am, but 92% of the good people of Wake County have a job.

NO NO NO! This just can't be. Nothing good happens in the Triangle and we are mostly unemployed.

Thanks for the good news uncletupelo. It's good to hear about the mostly good stuff, rather than the constant drumbeat of the minority of bad stuff that seems to be on a repeat loop.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary