U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 04-11-2007, 01:13 AM

2 posts, read 4,051 times

Advertisements

Hello All!

My wife and I are moving to the Cary area, due to a job relocation, and I was wondering what subdivisions we should consider.

We are looking in the $450K-$550K range, want to be near shopping, medical centers (my wife is diabetic) and want to have friendly neighbors. I will be doing some work with some people from Duke, but I can put set up my office anywhere in the Triangle.

Any thoughts? We are coming to visit the weekend of April 28th, and have a local real estate agent already, but I wanted to hear from the locals.

I've heard so much good stuff about the area. We don't have kids, but are planning on getting pregnant this summer, so a family will be on the way.

Thanks!

Matt and Olya
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2007, 08:35 AM

141 posts, read 474,949 times
What kind of house do you have in mind? Older, or new construction? What size lot? Urban/Suburban? (Hopefully suburban if you're looking at Cary)

We live on the western side of Cary, and love it so far. Easy to get to Duke (I assume you'd end up going over there once in a while), RTP, Chapel Hill, or Raleigh. While there's not much immediately around us (aside from the typical chain stores for all your day to day shopping) - Cary is definitely suburbia - we like it as a "home base" where we can access all parts of the Triangle. But if you're looking for a thriving urban center, Cary's not it.

We're in the same boat - no kids yet, but planning on it very soon. It seems like a great area to raise a family. Good luck, and let us know how the visit goes!

Old 04-11-2007, 08:53 AM

10,395 posts, read 17,852,660 times
I'd say in your price range, you have alot of options.

I'd consider North Raleigh and Cary, mainly. Just because of appreciation and proximatey to medical centers and shopping.

South Cary has some great neighborhoods in your price range...The Park at West Lake, Sunset Oaks, Sunset Ridge (yes, I know the sunsets have Holly Springs addresses but they are about a min. from Cary and Apex, as well).

Enjoy looking at the beautiful homes. Its a great time of year to be searching!

Vicki

Old 04-11-2007, 09:00 AM

1,465 posts, read 2,278,289 times
Where in So Ca do you live?
we live in Buena Park and are coming out soon to scout out an area and Carey is on our list . .good luck....lots of locals here to help out

Old 04-11-2007, 12:22 PM

2 posts, read 4,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SALUKI_LOVER View Post
Where in So Ca do you live?
we live in Buena Park and are coming out soon to scout out an area and Carey is on our list . .good luck....lots of locals here to help out
We're in Westlake Village / Thousand Oaks area. It's nice to know that Cary is a melting-pot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsBTA
What kind of house do you have in mind? Older, or new construction? What size lot? Urban/Suburban?
I'd like something built in the last 10 years, preferably in the last 5 yrs. Suburban, for sure, but near some shopping (for the wife), grocery, gas, and medical offices (reasonably, within 5-10miles).

I'd like to have closeby parks and hiking if at all possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VickiR
I'd say in your price range, you have alot of options.

I'd consider North Raleigh and Cary, mainly. Just because of appreciation and proximatey to medical centers and shopping.

South Cary has some great neighborhoods in your price range...The Park at West Lake, Sunset Oaks, Sunset Ridge (yes, I know the sunsets have Holly Springs addresses but they are about a min. from Cary and Apex, as well).
I just sent my agent these areas to look into. I am OK with HollySprings, as long as it's not TOO far south. I want it to be kinda busy/suburban, if you know what I mean.

Old 04-11-2007, 01:45 PM

306 posts, read 833,985 times
Talking Welcome

to the Raleigh forum Matt n Olya. I am right now over the hill in Oxnard (YUK) and Ventura. Congrats on moving to NC. We have a friend there that used to live in Bakersfield(the arm pit of CA) and she absolutely loves it in Raleigh. I can't wait to move next year.

Good Luck

Char
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary