Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2009, 10:46 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,223,196 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bazers View Post
I met someone after church the other week and he said he and his wife have spent the last two years visiting nearly 50 churches and finally found what they were looking for. He basically said he was looking for a church like you described.

One of the main emphasis at Connections is sharing the news that God loves EVERYONE.

Isn't that a novel idea. Thanks for the link...that person sound like he has done the same search we are beginning...THANKS AGAIN...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2009, 10:55 AM

521 posts, read 1,598,806 times
I'm curious -- do you have any doctrinal requirements for the church you're seeking, or could it just as easily be a Hindu temple as long as they are tolerant, diverse and accepting?

Old 06-11-2009, 11:28 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,223,196 times
Hmmmmmm...doctrinal requirements?

I suppose that is an important question...and if we had to pick one from the multitudes of doctrine and commandments--Isreal had over 614 "laws" at one time? we would say that this one is MOST IMPORTANT---and the second requirement as well. Seems they go hand in hand??

And one of the scribes came and heard them arguing, and recognizing that He had answered them well, asked Him, "What commandment is the foremost of all?" Jesus answered,

"The foremost is, 'Hear, O Israel! The Lord our God is one Lord; and you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind, and with all your strength.'

"The second is this, 'You shall love your neighbor as yourself.' There is no other commandment greater than these."

Because HE said so....

now, I suppose the next the question is "WHO IS MY NEIGHBOR?"

Old 06-11-2009, 01:54 PM

330 posts, read 985,034 times
LOVE your answer!!!!

- Shane

Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
Hmmmmmm...doctrinal requirements?

I suppose that is an important question...and if we had to pick one from the multitudes of doctrine and commandments--Isreal had over 614 "laws" at one time? we would say that this one is MOST IMPORTANT---and the second requirement as well. Seems they go hand in hand??

And one of the scribes came and heard them arguing, and recognizing that He had answered them well, asked Him, "What commandment is the foremost of all?" Jesus answered,

"The foremost is, 'Hear, O Israel! The Lord our God is one Lord; and you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind, and with all your strength.'

"The second is this, 'You shall love your neighbor as yourself.' There is no other commandment greater than these."

Because HE said so....

now, I suppose the next the question is "WHO IS MY NEIGHBOR?"

Old 06-11-2009, 02:21 PM

521 posts, read 1,598,806 times
Quote:

Sounds like a good foundation to me. : )

Old 06-11-2009, 02:27 PM

9,196 posts, read 24,940,073 times
Quote:
"The second is this, 'You shall love your neighbor as yourself.'
There's an exception to this commandment for City-Data though, right?

Old 06-11-2009, 02:30 PM

1,627 posts, read 6,504,967 times
I'd suggest looking at this church in Chapel Hill. I have many friends who attend and absolutely love it. From the homepage:

United Church of Chapel Hill - Chapel Hill, North Carolina

"United Church of Chapel Hill - Chapel Hill, North Carolina

No matter who you are, or where you are on life's journey,
You are welcome here.

We are a United Church of Christ congregation.

We invite people of every age, race, marital status, sexual orientation, means, ability and spiritual tradition to join us in the love of God and neighbor: through worship, dedication to education and commitment to service. We are an Open and Affirming congregation. We are committed to justice."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary