Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2009, 12:59 PM

3,661 posts, read 3,938,682 times

Advertisements

they are exceptionally better than the ones you find throughout the rest of the country. My mother referred to the orange crackers as "square nabs", and she loved them with a ice cold TAB. (This was in the 70's).

Well I'm ecstatic that Rite Aid here in NYC has started carrying LANCE crackers, and I think I've already been through eight or nine boxes. Even if you hate those type of crackers, please try LANCE. They are that much better!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2009, 01:06 PM

1,190 posts, read 4,049,240 times
Default reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by architect77 View Post
they are exceptionally better than the ones you find throughout the rest of the country. My mother referred to the orange crackers as "square nabs", and she loved them with a ice cold TAB. (This was in the 70's).

Well I'm ecstatic that Rite Aid here in NYC has started carrying LANCE crackers, and I think I've already been through eight or nine boxes. Even if you hate those type of crackers, please try LANCE. They are that much better!
They are the best without a doubt. I like mine with an ice cold cheerwine or sundrop.

Old 06-14-2009, 01:09 PM

226 posts, read 787,976 times
" here in NYC"?? I thought we were in NC? And I've never had any trouble finding Lance crackers around here.

Old 06-14-2009, 01:14 PM

225 posts, read 574,889 times
I'm not sure of how this is triangle related, but I recently had cheerwine for the first time, and it was quite good.

Oh, I see, they are based in Charlotte. I guess there's a connection.

Last edited by livesintriangle; 06-14-2009 at 01:28 PM..

Old 06-14-2009, 02:06 PM

3,155 posts, read 10,756,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uncletupelo View Post
They are the best without a doubt. I like mine with an ice cold cheerwine or sundrop.
Many a summer afternoon we would ride our bikes to the "store" (tiny local gas station that sold milk & bread) for a pack of square nabs and a Sundrop ...ice cold in a glass bottle of course. And the square nabs sat on the counter in that big glass jar like container w/ Lance in big red letters.

BTW, I'm on the hunt for one of those glass jar Lance containers if any one knows of a good place to fine one. I occassionally see them on ebay but always get outbid by $5.00.

Old 06-14-2009, 02:16 PM

Default reply

Chattanooga Moon Pies are not to shabby either.

Old 06-14-2009, 02:23 PM

460 posts, read 1,274,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDXmom View Post
Many a summer afternoon we would ride our bikes to the "store" (tiny local gas station that sold milk & bread) for a pack of square nabs and a Sundrop ...ice cold in a glass bottle of course. And the square nabs sat on the counter in that big glass jar like container w/ Lance in big red letters.

BTW, I'm on the hunt for one of those glass jar Lance containers if any one knows of a good place to fine one. I occassionally see them on ebay but always get outbid by $5.00.
We did the same thing! ...and had to go down a country/dirt road and get by the mean loose dogs at one of the houses. We earned those snacks! I loved this store....wooden screen door and the farmers hanging out shooting the....
My elderly aunt still swears by Co'cola in the bottle, only. I would too if I could afford them!

I've seen those Lance things at the Fairground Flea market....but its always hit/miss. Maybe Father & Son...I know they sometimes will search out things they don't have in stock. (i looked on ebay...yowza!)

Old 06-14-2009, 02:36 PM

43,282 posts, read 77,104,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uncletupelo View Post
Chattanooga Moon Pies are not to shabby either.

I like Moon Pies.

I just never decided if the feller who put me up to a Moon Pie and an RC Cola wasn't having a little fun with me...

Old 06-14-2009, 02:41 PM

Default reply

I think that he was just be friendly. He could have also suggested putting salted peanuts in a co-cola bottle. That is some kinda good.

Old 06-14-2009, 07:48 PM

3,155 posts, read 10,756,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveraleigh View Post
We did the same thing! ...and had to go down a country/dirt road and get by the mean loose dogs at one of the houses. We earned those snacks! I loved this store....wooden screen door and the farmers hanging out shooting the....
My elderly aunt still swears by Co'cola in the bottle, only. I would too if I could afford them!

I've seen those Lance things at the Fairground Flea market....but its always hit/miss. Maybe Father & Son...I know they sometimes will search out things they don't have in stock. (i looked on ebay...yowza!)
dave, I think we grew up in the same town. My kids love the stories about us riding by the near rabid dogs and getting nipped on the bottom just to make it to the store for that ice cold Sundrop and square nab. And of course if you waited to late in the day for that trip you encounted a snake or two warming itself on the blacktop. Yet, we were always either barefoot or in flipflops.

I did see one of those Lance containers at the Fairgrounds last time I was there... it was too much for the condition. Thanks for Father & Son tip.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary