Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2007, 10:51 AM

6 posts, read 17,384 times

Advertisements

This sounds great. I want to see you succeed where others here have had difficulty--so combine your inspriration with great marketing. There was a great kids arts place called, Artsy Doodle in Durham and another--I think it was called Kids Craft in Cary that weren't able to sustain business for much more than a year. Maybe you can track down some of those people and find out what happened. Here's an old URL (scroll down to the bottom) description of Artsy Doodle. They got a lot of great press. http://209.85.165.104/search?q=cache:TsuU7OHJmdkJ:www.owdna.org/OWD_in_news.htm+Artsy+Doodle,+Durham&hl=en&ct=clnk &cd=1&gl=us (broken link). I think the owner's first name was Jeanie. Wishing you only success.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2007, 06:20 PM

583 posts, read 2,802,624 times
Thumbs up art classes for adults?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cary_nc View Post
The following are links to places which provide art lesson programming for children in the Triangle area. Certainly not an exhaustive list, but might be a good start.

Explore (http://www.explorebeyondschool.com/Explore/sort_activity/artlessons.aspx - broken link) offers art camps and lessons in locations throughout the Triangle

Artspace (http://www.artspacenc.org/youth.html - broken link)is a Raleigh based arts organization with kids programming

Pink House Arts Studio is a Cary-based arts camp offered in a residence.

The Arts Center in Carrboro also offers youth programming.

Durham Arts Council has youth programming.

Shaw School and Studio in Durham

ARts Together another Raleigh-based arts center

North Carolina Museum of Art in Raleigh
Does anyone know where I could find a list like this for adults?

What about craft guilds in the area?

Thanks!!

Old 05-29-2007, 09:43 PM

56 posts, read 404,106 times
My daughter would be interested depending on the medium and how visual vs. how textbook traditional teaching method is being used at the art studio. As far as location, I am not exactly sure yet, but somewhere in a nice, safe area near the light rail (for those of us that will try our best to use the rail to save on gasoline costs).

mshs2

Old 05-30-2007, 11:27 AM

306 posts, read 1,306,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mshs2 View Post
As far as location, I am not exactly sure yet, but somewhere in a nice, safe area near the light rail (for those of us that will try our best to use the rail to save on gasoline costs).
I agree that a rail corridor would have spurred development around the stations. However, the regional rail plans for our area are currently stalled. Funding was not secured in time. See 3-07LatestTransitNeeds (http://www.ridetta.org/Regional_Rail/Overview/3-07LatestTransitNeeds.htm - broken link). The Triangle Transit Authority (TTA) and other agencies are presently conducting a transportation needs analysis. See Welcome to the Regional Transit BluePrint website!. Their findings should be released at the end of 2007.

Quote:
Originally Posted by erineieio View Post
Does anyone know where I could find a list like this for adults? What about craft guilds in the area? Thanks!!
Starting points:
North Carolina Department of Cultural Resources
Welcome to the Arts in North Carolina!
United Arts Council of Raleigh & Wake County
Durham Arts Council
Orange County Arts Commission (North Carolina)
Red Hot Links List - NC
North Carolina Information - Discover North Carolina Crafts (broken link)
The NCSU Crafts Center: About

Old 05-30-2007, 05:57 PM

3,155 posts, read 10,754,945 times
I like the idea of SW Durham. Guess where I'm moving to this summer.
In Durham you could attract the Chapel Hill crowd and also might attract UNC- CH Art Students to help run classes.

Old 09-16-2008, 09:00 PM

1 posts, read 4,353 times
Thumbs up Art Classes for Homeschool Crowd

Hi - Consider checking out Abrakadoodle, a mobile provider of multicultural arts education classes whose curriculum exceeds the National Standards for the Visual Arts. Abrakadoodle will bring a "turn key" operation to a location of your choice with a teacher, all class materials, art supplies & aprons. Classes can be offered for as few as 7 students. They offer classes in Durham, Chapel Hill, Pittsboro, Hillsborough, Mebane, Burlington and Greensboro. The website link is www.abrakadoodle.com/nc03 Good luck!

Old 12-17-2008, 12:05 PM

3,155 posts, read 10,754,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art N Design View Post
Art Classes are available in Cary, NC!

Art N Design Studio

]
This seems like a great resource for grown ups. But I'm very disappointed to see you serve 16 years old and up. My children are such better artist than I am and would love this sort of setting.

Last edited by Canes2006Champs; 12-17-2008 at 01:31 PM.. Reason: deleted link

Old 12-17-2008, 01:50 PM

450 posts, read 1,350,429 times
Please come to Fuquay or Holly Springs! And, please offer something during the day for students who are tracked out from year-round schools - they're tracked out for 3 weeks at a time, and at any given time 25% of the year-round kids are out of school.

My daughter would be very interested in an "art camp" that was 2-4 hours per day during track out. I know there's also a demand for all-day track out camps, but we're looking specifically for shorter, more targeted things - a few days or a week of 2-4 hours of art, cooking, Spanish, etc.

Old 01-22-2009, 03:21 PM

2 posts, read 5,907 times
I know of a real art gallery in Wake Forest called the Sunflower Studio & Gallery that also teaches children that are home schooled as well as regular classes after 4 pm since someone mentioned that they needed that...I know their website is Sunflower Studio - Wake Forest, NC if you want to look it up and get more details.

Old 01-22-2009, 03:48 PM

420 posts, read 1,397,389 times
We are in Clayton and would LOVE something like this!!! I'd be first in line to sign up! We would love a schools out day camp type program too!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary