Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2009, 04:54 PM

2,445 posts, read 7,453,009 times

Advertisements

I thought about y'all when I went to the grocery store and later, when I saw pints at the convenience store. Seriously though, it's strange that Blue Bell isn't sold there. I think lottamoxie's suggestion is worth a shot. If it's available to restaurants it ought to be available to consumers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2009, 04:59 PM

15,216 posts, read 30,556,380 times
Are there half gallons in Charlotte or just pints?

Old 06-21-2009, 05:05 PM

1,190 posts, read 4,049,240 times
Default reply

Anyone here remember eating the Pine State Cremery ice creme cups at school here in the 70's and 80's. They had great ice creme. Their former plant is where Sullivan's is now. Don't forget the flat wooden spoons. I know that Francois and Lamishra remember. Anyone else?

Old 06-21-2009, 07:25 PM

2,445 posts, read 7,453,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfre81 View Post
Are there half gallons in Charlotte or just pints?
Stores have half gallons* and a few pints. Some stores also carry treats (ice cream sandwiches, popsicles etc). I've only seen pints at gas stations and in Walgreens. Walmart has a lot of flavors in the pint sizes.

*They are truly half gallons unlike many competitors who have smaller containers. Blue Bell: Still a half gallon (http://www.bluebell.com/The_Little_Creamery/Still_a_Half_Gallon - broken link)

Old 06-22-2009, 10:26 AM

11 posts, read 31,084 times
I've been told that the Sams club in Fayetteville sells it. I havent gotten around to checking the one here yet. But once I check I'll update you.

Old 06-22-2009, 12:59 PM

632 posts, read 1,844,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllenKarber View Post
Blue Bell is awesome. I thought it was the best in the world until I tried Mayfield though! Mayfield rules all IMO.

Here in Arkansas, Searcy based Yarnell's pretty much ruled the state until Blue Bell started selling ice cream here. We used to have to drive an hour to Texarkana,Texas to Sam's Club to get Blue Bell.
I haven't thought of Yarnell's in ages (I grew up in Arkansas). I was hoping that Blue Bell would be down here (we just moved from IL); I love the banana pudding flavor. I used to take some back with me from trips home to AR. I doubt ice cream would make it this far, though (AR to NC).

Old 06-22-2009, 01:22 PM

505 posts, read 2,542,951 times
I can't wait to try this blue bell ice cream one day...I love ice cream!

However...some of these other brands you people are naming SUCKS! pet??? Yuck. Blue Bunny...??? Yuck

The best ice cream ever made period is Baskin Robbins...nothing compares

2nd is Breyers hands down. Pet and Blue bunny is generic and has no taste.

Does anyone from NC remember Sealtest icecream? They were very good!

The worst ice cream I have ever had hands down is Ben and Jerrys...over priced garbage.

Old 06-22-2009, 02:49 PM

15,216 posts, read 30,556,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beffrey2 View Post
However...some of these other brands you people are naming SUCKS! pet??? Yuck. Blue Bunny...??? Yuck
lol, yeah, but I had to make do. Wasn't aware then of the few places in and around Raleigh where you could get Blue Bell. Too bad. Oh well, I've got no trouble finding it now

Old 06-22-2009, 09:09 PM

807 posts, read 2,515,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabbyCats View Post
I haven't thought of Yarnell's in ages (I grew up in Arkansas). I was hoping that Blue Bell would be down here (we just moved from IL); I love the banana pudding flavor. I used to take some back with me from trips home to AR. I doubt ice cream would make it this far, though (AR to NC).
Yarnell's is an institution no doubt!

Old 07-13-2009, 02:21 PM

9 posts, read 17,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by heck View Post
Mrs. Steele & NCNancy-- what parts of OK do you hale from? I'm from SE OK, a little town by the name of Poteau.
I'm clearly behind in reading and responding. I spent the first ~30 years of my life in OKC.

I have to add that I wish they had Braum's here - good ice cream, great burgers. Plus they have "super" Braum's now that are like a mini-supermarket. They sell a fine cinnamon roll.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary