Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-19-2010, 07:14 PM

1 posts, read 3,469 times

Advertisements

I just drove to Greensboro from Raleigh to get Bluebell Ice Cream at Walgreen's. They had about six different flavors. I put it in styrofoam coolers with dry ice on top, and it made it back to Raleigh perfectly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2010, 07:59 PM

2,275 posts, read 6,307,154 times
We went to Pittsboro today. They had 11 or 12 flavors. We ended up buying eight cartons - two were for my mom.

Old 06-20-2010, 08:23 AM

632 posts, read 1,844,181 times
Did they have Banana Pudding flavor? I'm lactose intolerant, but I'll suffer through it for small bowls of that!

Old 06-20-2010, 08:44 AM

2,275 posts, read 6,307,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabbyCats View Post
Did they have Banana Pudding flavor? I'm lactose intolerant, but I'll suffer through it for small bowls of that!
They did indeed. Here are the flavors I can recall:

Homemade Vanilla
Natural Vanilla Bean
Dutch Chocolate
Buttered Pecan
Butter Crunch
Peaches & Homemade Vanilla
Strawberries & Homemade Vanilla
Pistachio Almond
Cookies & Cream
Banana Pudding
Summer Berries
Southern Blackberry Cobbler
Ultimate Neapolitan
The Great Divide

I guess they actually had 14 flavors, then. I was hoping for some Moo-llenium Crunch, and my husband was hoping for Banana Split, but we're still happy. The Summer Berries flavor is new, and is really good. Last night I had a big bowl of Homemade Vanilla in one of their stoneware bowls, which I bought on a visit to the creamery years ago. (My parents used to live about 20 minutes away from there.) Oh, and if you go to the Blue Bell web site, you can print a $1 off coupon.

Oh, and they're still in the full 1/2 gallon size. They haven't shrunk them down like everyone else.

Last edited by Claire_F; 06-20-2010 at 09:01 AM..

Old 07-01-2010, 04:39 AM

11 posts, read 33,884 times
Default holy smokes revisited.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewUser View Post
OK. That's quite a rambling post there Jeff . Not sure I understood half of it. Are you saying that the man who trained at Rudy's in TX, then ran the Holy Smokes in Garner, is now back in TX with a new restaurant? I was sorry to see Holy Smokes close down. I loved their brisket. I guess NC still has a way to go before they accept TX BBQ. I see that Holy Smokes is still catering, and the business address is in a residential area, so perhaps one of the employees is continuing on with the Holy Smokes name.
Maybe I did fire off a rambling post. It was a round about round trip. But No Holy Smokes did not move to Tx. I was just posting that Rudy's in Tex has grown. They have Good Stuff. I will have to check on the Holy Smokes Catering thing. Also will be going to Pittsborro to see if Piggly Wiggly has Blue Bell. Getting older having hard time getting thought's on screen.

Old 07-08-2010, 06:25 AM

4 posts, read 9,757 times
ohhhhh I wish we had some Blue Bell here in the RDU area; I grew up on it in Austin. What we need is an H.E.B. stocked with Blue Bell and Mexican stuff....

Old 07-08-2010, 02:55 PM

450 posts, read 1,350,525 times
I've never had Blue Bell ice cream, but remembered this thread when I saw a sign at How Sweet it Is, an ice cream shop in Sunset Beach, NC (101 Shoreline Dr. W. 910-579-2777) selling Blue Bell. We love the local Calabash Creamery ice cream too much to try something new this time around, but maybe on another visit. . . and if any of you looking for Blue Bell are making a trip to the beach, it's probably worth checking out.

Last edited by FVmommy; 07-08-2010 at 02:59 PM.. Reason: found specific address and phone # for shop instead of giving vague directions

Old 07-10-2010, 07:56 PM

122 posts, read 431,767 times
Default Blue Bell Fans

I started this thread, based on my experience with Blue Bell in Atlanta. Clearly there are a number of BB fans in the Triangle.

For those wanting to know what seasonal flavors are available, check out the Blue Bell web site.

Blue Bell Ice Cream

Yes, it's time for another trip to Pittsboro.

Enjoy, friends,

Logman

Old 07-10-2010, 08:22 PM

25 posts, read 52,950 times
Just to keep it fresh in people's minds, last month I went to the Piggly Wiggly in Pittsboro and they still had tons of Blue Bell. I definitely stocked up! From North Raleigh the drive seemed to take about 45 minutes. Definitely worth it!

The flavors I came back with were Moolennium Crunch, Almond Pistachio, Banana Pudding, Mint Chocolate Chip, and Homemade Vanilla with Strawberries. They had others that I didn't buy as well.

Old 07-11-2010, 06:11 PM

715 posts, read 1,039,255 times
Default Blue Bell

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindergarten cop View Post
I just drove to Greensboro from Raleigh to get Bluebell Ice Cream at Walgreen's. They had about six different flavors. I put it in styrofoam coolers with dry ice on top, and it made it back to Raleigh perfectly.

LOL! We were down visiting our old neighborhood outside Gainesville, Florida last weekend for the 4th and actually bought some of those big silver Keep-it-cold bags and 9 half-gallons of Blue Bell at Publix (kinda like the H-Teeter of FL). Packed the half-gal's into the bag and the3n into coolers surrounded by ice and drove them back up to the Triangle with us!!
Only suffered minor 'meltage'. Gotta love that stuff.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary