Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-25-2016, 06:54 PM

1 posts, read 1,371 times

Advertisements

I was told that I had a eviction on my rental history I did not know anything about this until I apply for apartment once I found out that it was there I tried to notify the property manager and work this out she was so rude and nasty and I guess she didn't want me to take care of the matter I tried to tell her that several years ago that I was in a abusive relationship and this person went to the point that he was trying to take my life and take my daughter the only thing that she could say was that I skipped out and even if I paid the remainder I still have a eviction on my rental history I paid the remainder and now I'm going to file for expungement and I have proof in the court system and still she did not want to hear of it she act as though she did not want me to pay this off
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2016, 07:10 PM

9,265 posts, read 8,259,873 times
Not trying to be a jerk but is there a question somewhere in there? I don't see one.

Old 09-25-2016, 08:32 PM

6,374 posts, read 5,484,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by m378 View Post
Not trying to be a jerk but is there a question somewhere in there? I don't see one.
The fact that there isn't a single punctuation mark in the entire post probably has something to do with that.

Old 09-25-2016, 09:28 PM

25,118 posts, read 16,198,148 times
Someone told me the other day that a period in social media is an insult to the recipient.

Other than that, one is left wondering how these type of posts seem to invariably make their way onto CD.

to the OP... you were on a lease at some time in the past. there was a default/eviction on that lease while you were still on the lease. how is today's landlord supposed to know what happened then, and why should they be expected to trust your word today? she doesn't care if you pay some other debt/obligation off - she only cares that because you have an eviction, she's not going to rent to you.

Old 09-26-2016, 07:27 AM

9,265 posts, read 8,259,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post
Someone told me the other day that a period in social media is an insult to the recipient.
Well color me un-insulted then!

Man I'm getting old.

Old 09-26-2016, 08:37 AM

13,705 posts, read 12,413,557 times
Some states (IDK if NC is one of them, it could even be a federal law) allow for you to break a lease with no penalties to escape a domestic violence situation. However, that doesn't preclude you from talking to the LL/PM about it to get yourself removed from the lease.

Old 09-26-2016, 08:43 AM

16,715 posts, read 19,400,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tina4646 View Post
I was told that I had a eviction on my rental history I did not know anything about this until I apply for apartment once I found out that it was there I tried to notify the property manager and work this out she was so rude and nasty and I guess she didn't want me to take care of the matter I tried to tell her that several years ago that I was in a abusive relationship and this person went to the point that he was trying to take my life and take my daughter the only thing that she could say was that I skipped out and even if I paid the remainder I still have a eviction on my rental history I paid the remainder and now I'm going to file for expungement and I have proof in the court system and still she did not want to hear of it she act as though she did not want me to pay this off
You don't know anything about sentence structure, either. I have no idea what you are saying.

Old 09-26-2016, 10:14 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,231,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tina4646 View Post
It sounds like she was telling you that your prior situation doesn't matter in this case. She has rules not to rent to anyone with a prior eviction and she cannot bend them for you, no matter the circumstances.

File for the expungement, get that approved, then try to rent elsewhere.

Your proof will be that it is actually expunged and not that you filed for it to be.

I were to rent out properties, I would like to see actual, legal proof that you were not being held responsible for this particular situation before I'd consider renting to you.

Old 09-26-2016, 11:02 AM

2,743 posts, read 4,823,956 times
Another tip:
Since you were in an abusive relationship, there may be additional resources and help available.
Contact your local shelter.
They must have dealt with similar circumstances over and over, and may be able to give you tips on how best to clear your record. Worth a phone call, eh?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary