U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Labor Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2009, 05:24 PM

106 posts, read 213,999 times
Default Where to find Blue Bell Ice Cream

Does anyone know where to purchase Blue Bell ice cream. We are originally from Atlanta and need some of the best from Texas. Thanks. Logman
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2009, 05:58 PM

4,845 posts, read 9,698,194 times
I've never seen it sold here.

Old 06-18-2009, 07:39 PM

2,211 posts, read 1,692,074 times
I have had BB when I lived in TX. Its pretty good, but you should be able to find a sufficient replacement. Harris Teeter brand in the green carton is really good. Of course, Haagen Daaz and the other premium ice creams are great.

Old 06-18-2009, 07:39 PM

27 posts, read 40,623 times
There was a small deli in Durham that used to carry it, but it has since changed hands & no longer sells it. That's the only place I'm aware of...BUT, if you can find a Carraba's restaurant, they use Blue Bell vanilla ice cream in one of their desserts, and you can order just the ice cream if you're really needing a fix. That got me through pregnancy cravings in a state that doesn't sell Blue Bell at all. )

Good luck with your search!
Jamie

Old 06-18-2009, 08:19 PM

2,447 posts, read 4,472,425 times
It's sold here in Charlotte at grocery stores and Walmarts. I think Super Target carries it as well. They have new radio commercials that air pretty frequently. "Better by a country smile" has replaced "Blue Bell taste like the good old days"

Old 06-18-2009, 09:02 PM

3,651 posts, read 5,197,304 times
? I swear I've seen it at Harris Teeter.

Old 06-18-2009, 09:51 PM

2,259 posts, read 3,689,577 times
Yes, I've heard you can get it in Charlotte. I've been meaning to make a trip; first I need to get a second freezer.

Carraba's does use it for their dessert, and last I heard, Ruby Tuesday's does as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theS5 View Post
I have had BB when I lived in TX. Its pretty good, but you should be able to find a sufficient replacement. Harris Teeter brand in the green carton is really good. Of course, Haagen Daaz and the other premium ice creams are great.
Blasphemy! While I've learned to appreciate Breyers, I buy it only because Blue Bell is not sold here. Edy's and others are simply no comparison to Blue Bell. Haagen Daaz is way too expensive. I grew up on Blue Bell (lived in Houston for 36 years), and though I've been here more than seven years, I still miss it.

Old 06-19-2009, 05:26 AM

2,560 posts, read 3,474,924 times
Maybe you could get Blue Bell to pack a bunch up in some dry ice and send it to you here. You'd probably have to order a lot of it to make it worthwhile, but it might be worth a shot. And then talk to them about distributing their ice cream in this area and approach some local grocery stores and make the introductions/connection. You'd be amazed at what you can accomplish if you're determined enough!

Old 06-19-2009, 06:33 AM

2,259 posts, read 3,689,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lottamoxie View Post
Maybe you could get Blue Bell to pack a bunch up in some dry ice and send it to you here. You'd probably have to order a lot of it to make it worthwhile, but it might be worth a shot. And then talk to them about distributing their ice cream in this area and approach some local grocery stores and make the introductions/connection. You'd be amazed at what you can accomplish if you're determined enough!
They actually do offer to ship it - at a cost of $119 for four half-gallons. The reason for the high cost is shipping charges - it costs a fortune to overnight a package these days.

Here's a map (http://bluebell.com/the_little_creamery/blue_bell_country - broken link) of where you can get Blue Bell. I wrote to them a couple of years ago asking them to sell in Raleigh, but did not get a response. I may write to them again. Maybe we can start a campaign.

My parents used to live about an hour from the creamery. We took a tour years ago, and I still have a set of the blue-striped ice cream bowls they use in their advertising.

Old 06-19-2009, 06:45 AM

2,560 posts, read 3,474,924 times
Ah see writing a generic letter isn't going to work. You need to pick up the phone and talk to a VP-level Biz Dev contact or VP of Sales, and at the same time, Fed-Ex a letter to the company CEO. You have to go right to the top and tell them how much you love their ice cream, tell them how much you miss it, and that your mission is to get their product into the Triangle and then ask the CEO who you can work with directly at the company to make this happen.

Yes, I'm very serious. Any CEO worth his salt wants biz to grow and if you're willing to help them then they'll probably entertain the idea.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary