Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2009, 07:22 AM

1,246 posts, read 4,188,592 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAKD View Post
Here is my one piece of advice I think you should consider. You say you only want a new home. Before you totally commit to that look through the MLS. They give the year built. MANY of the homes are less than two years old. There are a lot of relocations in the Raleigh area which means there are a ton of homes worth looking at that are "practically new". I think by doing so you will have more choices as far as schools and areas around Beaver Creek. Right now it seems there are not as many new contruction neighborhoods available and I think you will severely limit your search if you seek only new construction homes out.

ITA agree with this. Don't rule out the nearly new homes too as there are quite a few. Why do you only want brand new construction?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2009, 10:23 AM

14 posts, read 35,816 times
Check out the Scotts Mill neighborhood in Apex. GREAT bungalow style homes! GREAT, GREAT town!

Old 06-22-2009, 12:31 PM

3,155 posts, read 10,756,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl09 View Post
Thank you for the response...yes I can give you a bit more information. Price range $300,000 to $400,000. We are looking for only new construction. I really like South Lake and the style of homes. However, I like the benefits of Beaver Creek shopping. I am a stay at home mom as of May 31st. Yippee! I am sooo looking forward to this. I have taught for 13 years and finally calling it quits. Thank you Jesus.....My husband is in sales. He travels a ton. I like Bungalow/Cottage style homes. I want a "hood" where my kids can play with kids their own age (under 8 years). I am wanting a good SOLID school where teachers teach and care about kids. I want to get invovled as a parent this time. Any advice would be great. Thank you! BTW....I HAVE NEVER RESPONDED TO A FORUM UNTIL NOW....
I agree with others about looking at homes that are a couple of years old. Our home was 2 years old when we bought it and it felt very new to us...the original owner traveled alot and was never home. It still had that new home smell even.

Also, something to keep in mind, new bungalow /cottage style homes look like bungalows/ cottages on the outside, but the insides mostly resemble all other open concept transitional homes. I looked at some homes that looked Craftsman on the outside but felt very transitional on the inside. We had owned a 90 year old Craftman prior to our move and the "faux thing" did not work for me. But others may love it. Just something to keep in mind.

BTW, welcome to CD and good luck w/ search NC search!!

Old 06-23-2009, 04:55 AM

7 posts, read 23,753 times
I live close to Beaver Creek Commons in Apex. The homes in my subdivision don't fit the description you like, but I think 3 subdivisions next to us would: Cameron Park and Whitehall Manor & Scott's Mill (mentioned by an earlier post). Whitehall Manor is still building, but I doubt Cameron Park or Scott's Mill are, but I could be wrong.
The school for this area is Baucom. From what I hear, it's an excellent school. It is going back to a traditional calender this coming school year, but if you want year round school, you can request Olive Chapel Hill, which is also a great school.
As for socializing homeschooled kids, there are lots of opportunity for socializing. I don't want to get off subject on this thread, though. You can send me a personal message if you'd like more info.

Old 06-26-2009, 09:46 PM

13 posts, read 28,155 times
hum...now what somebody??? we've looked at this new neighborhood, South Lakes. what do you know? will it turn out like 12 Oaks? what about an Eastern Parkway coming through in the future that will run right through the neighborhood? Anyone live there? Know of any of its builders?

Old 06-26-2009, 09:52 PM

Thank you, thank you, thank you....to those above that responded! You have helped out sooo much. Any scoop on Avalon Springs? or....Lake Stone?...

Old 06-27-2009, 06:15 AM

1,007 posts, read 5,664,053 times
Avalon Springs has a great builder. Really like the detail in these homes. It started out to be an over 55 yr old community, but it didn't take off and I think the builder went bankrupt or something. Then Homes by Dickerson came in and built some beautiful homes for the money. I haven't been there in some time, (pool was planned but not started). For the money, I think it will be a very nice community.

Old 06-27-2009, 06:57 PM

220 posts, read 866,281 times
Default Scotts Mill

Does anyone know how close the future I-540 will come to Scotts Mill? We are thinking of buying in that neighborhood, and I wondered if any realtors or homeowners knew... thanks

Old 06-27-2009, 07:45 PM

43,284 posts, read 77,104,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdavis511 View Post
Does anyone know how close the future I-540 will come to Scotts Mill? We are thinking of buying in that neighborhood, and I wondered if any realtors or homeowners knew... thanks
540 will run between Kelly Glen and Scott's Mill. So it will be in an easily predictable corridor.

Scotts Mill is a broad neighborhood.
The East side will be further away, of course.

Old 06-27-2009, 10:00 PM

now what? South Lakes or Sunset Oaks????
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary