Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-15-2007, 11:26 AM

6 posts, read 17,564 times

Advertisements

Please, if anyone out there has any knowledge of anyone or any jobs in food sales, I can't tell you how grateful I would be - We want to move down there yesterday - we've been down now three times to narrow down area, and we just love it - We are from Long Island - and we just can't survive up here - We LOVE Raleigh and want so badly to be down there, but my husband needs a job first - We had his whole resume professionally done with cover letters and have been sending since October, with definite dates of arrival (of course, they have all had to be changed since we are still up here) His resume is posted on every site I can think of, and worst of all, his company will not transfer him down there- ARGHHHHH - If anyone could suggest anything - please, please help us out - Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2007, 01:12 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,513,090 times
I hate to recommend someone move without a job oh hand but you might have better luck with a local address vs out of state.

Old 04-15-2007, 03:54 PM

106 posts, read 310,534 times
Before I moved to maryland I posted resume on monster.com and got a call from them. So there is a chance it can happen from there but better off being here like the other poster said. But we moved to NC about 3-4 weeks ago and im not working but fiance had job lined up because of friend. He lucked out. I hope you luck out soon as well. Good luck..Try monster.com, career.com, snagajob.com and any job sites you can think of. Good luck again

Old 04-15-2007, 04:40 PM

237 posts, read 1,029,481 times
Just saw a commercial for "worktriangle.com. Not sure off all the details of what they offer but it is another option

OTE=Momof2girls;581169]Please, if anyone out there has any knowledge of anyone or any jobs in food sales, I can't tell you how grateful I would be - We want to move down there yesterday - we've been down now three times to narrow down area, and we just love it - We are from Long Island - and we just can't survive up here - We LOVE Raleigh and want so badly to be down there, but my husband needs a job first - We had his whole resume professionally done with cover letters and have been sending since October, with definite dates of arrival (of course, they have all had to be changed since we are still up here) His resume is posted on every site I can think of, and worst of all, his company will not transfer him down there- ARGHHHHH - If anyone could suggest anything - please, please help us out - Thank you.[/quote]

Old 04-15-2007, 05:40 PM

161 posts, read 683,231 times
I would try to locate all the large restuarant chains, Fast food, Red Robin, Longhorn, Chilis, Applebees, Cheesecake Factory, Moes, or anything else you can think of. I moved from LI a little over a year ago for the same reasons you mentioned. The restaurants here are very busy and numerous. I can't imagine you not finding work. There are also so many more that you can find in the yellow pages and on some websites like www.visitraleigh.com. If you pm me with your address, I can send you a relo kit with a dining guide so you can add some restaurants to your list of networking possibilities. Good luck, it is a nice place in many ways it is very similiar to LI.

Old 04-15-2007, 05:45 PM

13,163 posts, read 1,692,498 times
I've heard it said in other posts relating to job hunting that it helps to let the prospective employer know that you'll cover your own relocation expenses.

Old 04-18-2007, 08:44 AM

6 posts, read 17,564 times
Thank you so much for all your information - I'm checking out all the leads with hope something comes through! - Honestly, if it were just me and my husband, we would be down there in a second without a job, but I just can't take that chance with the kids -
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary