Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2009, 01:59 PM

13 posts, read 56,216 times

Advertisements

Hi,
I have lived here for a few years and still cannot find a good dentist! Help!!
I have tried Dr. Mark Andrews in Cary and he was SO expensive and wanted to do TONS of cosmetic work on me. I ran out of his office fast!

I have also tried Howarth family dentistry and I had issues with work they had done. I am also turned off by the fact that the woman in that office calls every couple of days begging me to make a cleaning appointment. I think they are desperate for patients or something. Its also odd that I can call and get a cleaning appointment the following day, maybe even the same day! Although that is handy it makes me wonder why they arent booked like dentists usually are.. Also, their turnover rate is very high with employees which I dont like.

Anyway, does anyone have other suggestions? I really need to find a good dentist in the Apex/Cary/Holly Springs area.
Thanks so much!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2009, 02:15 PM

226 posts, read 787,840 times
We just started going to Dr. Amit Patel in Cary. West Cary Dental. We've both had cleanings and I have an appt next week for two small spots to be filled. But so far so good. Dr. Patel and staff are very friendly and he seems very knowledgeable.

Old 05-12-2009, 02:30 PM

1,049 posts, read 3,790,363 times
My husband is the best dentist ever... but you'll have to commit a federal crime to see him at the prison

Old 05-12-2009, 02:39 PM

EEEEK! Im pretty desperate to find a good dentist.. but don't think Im desperate enough to commit a crime

Old 05-12-2009, 02:45 PM

1,049 posts, read 3,790,363 times
We both go to Dr. Bremer (in RTP) and love her, but it might be a little far for you... I guess if a dentist likes her, she's got to know her stuff!

Old 05-12-2009, 02:57 PM

673 posts, read 2,266,457 times
Sunrise Dental -- locations in Durham (my fave location!), Raleigh, and Chapel Hill.

Old 05-12-2009, 03:52 PM

4,266 posts, read 11,420,936 times
I second Dr. Amit Patel! He is wonderful, highly skilled and does not EVER try to sell you unnecessary cosmetic fluff. His office staff is great, the office is spotless. My DH went elsewhere initially and the dentist tried to convince him he needed a bunch of cosmetic work (he has had about 4-5 fillings in his entire life)!! Dr. Patel told him he needed none of that! Just a cleaning. His practice is West Cary Dental, located right on Rt 55 near High House.

Old 05-12-2009, 05:56 PM

9,680 posts, read 27,159,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdapex View Post
Hi,
I have lived here for a few years and still cannot find a good dentist! Help!!
I have tried Dr. Mark Andrews in Cary and he was SO expensive and wanted to do TONS of cosmetic work on me. I ran out of his office fast!

I have also tried Howarth family dentistry and I had issues with work they had done. I am also turned off by the fact that the woman in that office calls every couple of days begging me to make a cleaning appointment. I think they are desperate for patients or something. Its also odd that I can call and get a cleaning appointment the following day, maybe even the same day! Although that is handy it makes me wonder why they arent booked like dentists usually are.. Also, their turnover rate is very high with employees which I dont like.

Anyway, does anyone have other suggestions? I really need to find a good dentist in the Apex/Cary/Holly Springs area.
Thanks so much!!
We have been with Howarth for 12 years with a totally different experience.

Howarth is quite busy in Raleigh and it takes a while to get an appointment there. Dr. Devine is great and stands behind his work 100%. Dr. Campbell is also wonderful.

Recommend them highly.

Old 05-12-2009, 06:13 PM

1,074 posts, read 3,246,121 times
I really like Dr. Jodi Foy. Dr. Jodi Foy - The World's Nicest Dentist

I'm just going to be sexist here and say female dentists are better. Male dentists have always hurt my mouth (larger hands, I guess they can't fit). Dr. Foy is really friendly and does great work. I always leave feeling it was a pleasant experience although I used to be somewhat dentist-phobic.

Old 05-12-2009, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saturnfan View Post
We have been with Howarth for 12 years with a totally different experience.

Howarth is quite busy in Raleigh and it takes a while to get an appointment there. Dr. Devine is great and stands behind his work 100%. Dr. Campbell is also wonderful.

Recommend them highly.
I just had a really really bad experience with them.. I had a chipped tooth and when I went in they told me I needed a root canal or had to have the tooth pulled. I opted for the root canal and crown so I could save the tooth. They botched my root canal up and I had to come back for several more visits to correct it. Then during one of the corrections they spilled an acid like substance into my mouth which burned my tongue and I had no taste for a week. That was fun! Then the real kicker was when I went to a different dentist for the crown and he told me I didnt have to have the root canal... he said he could have fixed the chipped tooth and didnt understand why I was given that ultimatum. ugh.
Then I had my teeth cleaned and the hygenist almost yanked out one of my crowns with the dental pick. I told her to stop and pushed her hand away. She didnt know that tooth was a crown and started getting rough with it thinking she just couldnt get the plaque off. I decided I didnt want to go back after I left the office in tears.
As you can tell nothing worked out for me there!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary