Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-15-2007, 08:02 PM

4 posts, read 11,582 times

Advertisements

We are considering relocating to Holly Springs...I have always said I would only move to Cary but didn't see any housing that really "wowed" me (looked at Carpenter Village, Kitts Creek, Macgregor, Preston area and everything surrounding these communities)...My husband and I really liked the Sunset Ridge and Sunset Oaks communities in Holly Springs. He is going to work at the RCB center so don't think it would be a long commute...what don't I know about this area that we should know??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2007, 08:05 PM

237 posts, read 1,029,249 times
Your post is like reading my mind when we were looking. We came here convinced we were going to buy in Cary but we too, just couldn't find the house/neighborhood for us. We chose Holly Springs. I don't think you'll be sorry. PM me if you want.

Good luck

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginaR View Post
We are considering relocating to Holly Springs...I have always said I would only move to Cary but didn't see any housing that really "wowed" me (looked at Carpenter Village, Kitts Creek, Macgregor, Preston area and everything surrounding these communities)...My husband and I really liked the Sunset Ridge and Sunset Oaks communities in Holly Springs. He is going to work at the RCB center so don't think it would be a long commute...what don't I know about this area that we should know??

Old 04-15-2007, 09:36 PM

12,475 posts, read 32,228,719 times
Check out the area that is going to have the new landfill, just to make sure its not that close to your home.

Check maps to see if 540 is going to be nearby.

Ask about any road widenings.

Don't think you have to be concerned about airport noise.

Thats all that comes to mind from me.

Vicki

Old 04-16-2007, 05:19 AM

2,187 posts, read 8,003,654 times
I ditto that. We had Holly Springs as the last place on our list, not for any particular reason except we had really never been told anything about it. After a few trips out here and as what we were thinking was a last ditch effort our realtor took us out to see a home in Holly Springs. Not only did we find the house in Sunset Ridge we ended up buying but we had 4 out of the 7 final homes on our final list here in Holly Springs. I echo that you should be aware of where the 540 and the landfill will be. That said I don't feel you would regret it either. My DH works off of Chapel Hill Road and TRinity and it takes him 20-25 minutes to get into work.

Last edited by CAKD; 04-16-2007 at 05:42 AM..

Old 04-16-2007, 05:25 AM

5,742 posts, read 17,592,639 times
We also like Sunset Ridge, but once you add in the high city taxes and steep HOA fees (to get access to the pools) it put all but a few of the smaller homes in that neighborhood beyond our budget.

Old 04-16-2007, 06:51 AM

85 posts, read 451,546 times
Like the other posters, we too had Cary and Raleigh as our first choice with Holly Springs (Sunset Ridge) coming in next. I really had my heart set on Lochmere and Cambridge at Regency but it all depends what houses are available. Most of the ones we saw had bigger price tags and then needed lots of updating (carpet, kitchen, paint) than when we looked at new construction (althought it will have it expenses, too). If we could have moved into an apartment to wait until the right house "popped" mabe we could have found one with some updates done but we didn't want to wait b/c of our children. I really liked Sunset Ridge too but just couldn't find a house there either during the time frame we looked. We ended up buying new construction in Wescott and are very happy (we move in 2 weeks!). It is a smaller sub with a pool (no slide like SR but we plan on joing the Y which has pool/slide or the new Lifetime Fitness in Cary). The sub has a very active homeowners that hostes parties and things for the kids and I like that so many of our neighbors will be new to the area like us. Lots of kids, too! Hope that helps and good luck.

Old 04-16-2007, 04:46 PM

237 posts, read 1,029,249 times
I forgot about the new Walmart too

Old 04-16-2007, 06:24 PM

1,029 posts, read 1,923,943 times
We chose not look at Holly Springs because of the Nucular (that sound like Bush?) Power Plant. I think I'll glow just as green as you from my home in Pittsboro if there is problem though.

Old 04-16-2007, 09:45 PM

1,246 posts, read 4,186,812 times
We were looking at Holly Springs initially then ended up with a house "just over the border" in Cary. Found a gorgeous "dream house" in HS (Sunset Ridge) but we were the second offer in and they took the first one. We sold our CA houses super fast so we needed to buy out here quickly because interim housing wouldn't have worked for us. We ended up finding our current home and love it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary