Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2012, 09:35 AM

3,644 posts, read 8,575,847 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5thElement View Post
Has anyone successfully fought off these add-on charges that local dealers impose? I am talking about the pure profit disguised as the admin, doc, inventory, etc. fees. During our purchasing process of a new car a couple of years back these fees ranged from $400 to $1000. When I told sales people that I wanted to negotiate the fees many acted agitated and wouldn’t budge in. We ended up buying our new car at a large North East dealership for a little over the cost and zero add-on fees. I would love to support local dealers but not when I’m being blatantly ripped off into thinking that I must pay these fees.

Of course. I will not pay a dealership or anyone for that matter extra money for them to sell me something. The dealerships will tell you that the fees are mandatory and some will go as far as to lie to you by saying it's "illegal" to not charge the fees. However, after the dealer and I have reached a price I tell them I will not pay the fee. The dealership has a choice: either let me walk away from the deal or remove the fee. What ends up happening is the dealership will leave the fee on the paperwork but will deduct the fee amount from the final price of the car.

Old 12-18-2012, 11:59 AM

2,267 posts, read 1,943,623 times
Negotiating a car purchase is an art...and takes patience. Rushing into it will only get you ripped off.

Old 12-19-2012, 07:17 AM

374 posts, read 1,181,600 times
That is why you always negotiate the out the door price, that way you can compare the deals from different dealerships a whole lot easier and there are no surprises.

Old 12-19-2012, 02:19 PM

108 posts, read 203,722 times
I recently bought a car and found it helpful when I emailed a bunch of the dealerships within 2 hours drive and asked for their best price. Most of the dealerships responded and I found it more convenient to discuss & compare. It gave me a good feel for the Out the Door price that I wanted to pay.

Old 12-23-2012, 12:42 PM

6 posts, read 8,266 times
From my understanding and past research during purshase - Mark Jacobson's warranty does not require all services to be performed at their dealership whereas Fred Anderson's warranty does. Mark Jacobson's warranty says it is an extension of the factory warranty meaning all powertrain components but Fred's is only covering the internal engine parts which as posted earlier a Toyota really shouldn't have an internal engine problem.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary