Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2009, 04:56 PM

1 posts, read 3,266 times

Advertisements

Crazy questionI just moved from the Boston area. To Raleigh/Garner NC area. I can not find any good Chinese food ? If any body from the North. Knows of a good resturant down in the RTP NC area can you please let me know. I need my MSG fix. They have no idea what a chicken finger or Beef teriyaki is. The pork fried rice is yellow down hear ? Thank you in advance.David
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2009, 08:01 PM

871 posts, read 3,017,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djmahar1 View Post
Crazy questionI just moved from the Boston area. To Raleigh/Garner NC area. I can not find any good Chinese food ? If any body from the North. Knows of a good resturant down in the RTP NC area can you please let me know. I need my MSG fix. They have no idea what a chicken finger or Beef teriyaki is. The pork fried rice is yellow down hear ? Thank you in advance.David

David, Welcome from another Boston transplant! There was a lengthy thread on Chinese restaurants on here the past couple of weeks. Just type in some keywords in the search function and off you go. Enjoy!

Old 06-29-2009, 08:21 PM

744 posts, read 1,262,047 times
Superwok in Cary. Trust me.

Old 06-30-2009, 07:14 AM

257 posts, read 1,014,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djmahar1 View Post
real Chinese food shouldn't use MSG.
beef teriyaki is Japanese, not Chinese!
chicken finger?????

Old 06-30-2009, 08:02 AM

546 posts, read 1,678,274 times
OP I'm from Ma as well and I think it has to do with the style of Chinese food. Up in New England, the style is Polynesian, wheras down here it is Cantonese style (if I remember correctly). Different parts of the country have different styles of Chinese food.

Old 06-30-2009, 08:09 AM

1,263 posts, read 4,947,116 times
If you ever find yourself in Chapel Hill, 35 Chinese Restaurant is very good. Welcome to the Triangle, I am a transplant from Long Island {Lawnguyland, lol}.

35 Chinese Restaurant- 143 West Franklin Street, Chapel Hill, NC- 919-368-3488

Old 06-30-2009, 08:31 AM

355 posts, read 957,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sant View Post
Superwok in Cary. Trust me.
It sounds like the OP is craving Anglo-Chinese, which is fine. Sometimes I also need some General Tsos or an egg roll.

But, if you're looking for something more authentic and much, much better, Super Wok can't be beat for Szechuan style cooking. Be sure to ask for the Chinese menu. I've yet to try anything that wasn't terrific.

Old 06-30-2009, 09:43 AM

683 posts, read 1,883,393 times
I agree with Super Wok. I've had their Chicken Red Curry, Shrimp Pad Thai, General Tao's Chicken, Friend Meat Dumplings and Crab Rangoon. Everything was delicious.

Now I'm hungry. I think I will order lunch from them today. They have a great Lunch Bento special - choice of 28 different entrees, rice, salad, spring roll, fruit and a drink for $6.25.

Old 06-30-2009, 11:03 AM

355 posts, read 957,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chellemi808 View Post
I agree with Super Wok. I've had their Chicken Red Curry, Shrimp Pad Thai, General Tao's Chicken, Friend Meat Dumplings and Crab Rangoon. Everything was delicious.

Now I'm hungry. I think I will order lunch from them today. They have a great Lunch Bento special - choice of 28 different entrees, rice, salad, spring roll, fruit and a drink for $6.25.
Are you ordering off of the Chinese menu? It sounds like they've been giving you the pan-Asian/American menu. Be sure and ask for the translated Chinese
version. The stuff is so much better.

Old 06-30-2009, 12:49 PM

473 posts, read 1,517,286 times
I like NeoChina, in both Raleigh (Glenwood, by WalMart) or Durham (University Dr).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary