U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2008, 02:03 PM

5,507 posts, read 5,700,848 times

Advertisements

Nice. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2008, 06:20 PM

1 posts, read 1,415 times
Default Recent College Graduate Looking to buy in the North Raleigh Area

I am a recent college graduate and I have a job in Wake Forest. I grew up in the Leesville area and know that North Raleigh is the "up and coming place" with Wakefield and the new estate neighborhoods popping up left and right. I have found a couple of condos in the Falls River neighborhood for what seem to be reasonable prices. I am just curious about what the average HOA dues are in the neighborhood (I realize that condo HOA dues are different than a single detached). I'm just not ready to leave the apartment feel yet, but I would like to own something instead of renting and with this area close to work and not too far from Raleigh, this seems like a sensible investment for a first time buyer such as myself. Another thing that I am curious is the average age of residents in the neighborhood. While I don't expect everyone to be recent college graduates, I would like to know some people in the neighborhood that are relative in age. Any advice/answers would be appreciative.

Old 05-09-2008, 01:17 PM

3 posts, read 5,821 times
I have lived on Farmington Grove Drive in Falls River since 1997. I absolutely love this neighborhood. It attracts the most wonderful people. Our neighbors have come and gone over the years and they have all been wonderful. Two of them outgrew their homes on this street and purchased larger homes in the same neighborhood. Another was growing older and unable to maintain his home and moved to an apartment up the street. No one wants to leave. I have always felt so safe knowing that everyone around me is looking out for one another. When we are gone, our neighbors keep and eye on things and call us if they have a concern. I walk my dog late at night sometimes without even thinking about being out alone. There are friends all around. It's almost a eutopia. The only drawback has been the landfill at times, but thank goodness, it is finally closed and there are even more trails and parks to look forward to. It is so amazing to leave the hustle and bustle of traffic and drive into a place where you have to slow down for the geese or watch a small herd of deer run down the road in front of you. We are leaving soon - moving to another town. I will miss this place so very much.

Old 05-09-2008, 01:30 PM

3 posts, read 5,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gastric View Post
The HOA dues are totally acceptable. There's a lot of property to maintain with sidewalks on both sides of every street, pocket parks, greenway trails, etc.

It's the POOL CLUB fees that are out of whack. But it's a privately owned business most likely wanting to make a profit for the owners and is not run purely for the pleasure of the Falls River residents.

The story about the POOL CLUB I've heard is that it was maintained by the development management company for years. Then when it came time for them to cease managing it and when Falls River HOA wanted to buy it then back-door sold it to the current owners instead. Boooo hisssss.
Yes, and they have not maintained it nearly as well. There is a chance that maybe the community can buy it back in the future. But if not, there is a wonderful YMCA just 5 minutes down the road in Wakefield.

Old 05-09-2008, 01:47 PM

2,688 posts, read 4,722,690 times
Thanks for posting the photo's, looks like a real nice community!! Drove through there a few times myself. Some many nice communities in the area and remember how hard it was to pick one when we relocated here.

Old 05-09-2008, 01:59 PM

2,461 posts, read 5,510,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ch742 View Post
I have lived on Farmington Grove Drive in Falls River since 1997. I absolutely love this neighborhood. It attracts the most wonderful people. Our neighbors have come and gone over the years and they have all been wonderful. Two of them outgrew their homes on this street and purchased larger homes in the same neighborhood. Another was growing older and unable to maintain his home and moved to an apartment up the street. No one wants to leave. I have always felt so safe knowing that everyone around me is looking out for one another. When we are gone, our neighbors keep and eye on things and call us if they have a concern. I walk my dog late at night sometimes without even thinking about being out alone. There are friends all around. It's almost a eutopia. The only drawback has been the landfill at times, but thank goodness, it is finally closed and there are even more trails and parks to look forward to. It is so amazing to leave the hustle and bustle of traffic and drive into a place where you have to slow down for the geese or watch a small herd of deer run down the road in front of you. We are leaving soon - moving to another town. I will miss this place so very much.
Very well said. My wife had to stop for a deer crossing Falls River Ave. near the greenway just yesterday. Everything you've said about your street could also be said about River Bank Dr. where I live. But alas, our house goes on the market next week; its been such a wonderful community to live in and be a part of...we're definitely sad to be leaving.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary