Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2010, 08:24 PM

4,159 posts, read 4,872,068 times

Advertisements

I only have cable and Internet with TWC. When my promotion period ran out I called TWC and was told I could no longer get the same deal I had so I canceled the TV service, but kept Road Runner. The rep scheduled a time for them to come out and install a filter on my cable line to filter out the TV signal.

The very next day someone from TWC called to ask why I canceled my service and I said because the price went up. Then I was told he could offer me a better deal the other TWC rep couldn't and it wasn't a contract. He did and I accepted. So go ahead and cancel if you can't get a decent discount offer and then expect a phone call from TWC.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2010, 08:29 PM

1,105 posts, read 2,732,608 times
Hey -- the thread is still going!

Interestingly, it's been a bit more than a year since i started it. My Time Warner deal has ended, and my rate for cable & internet is now in the $130 range, but I haven't felt energetic enough to bargain them down. Back in July I did renew my Sirius XM package at the same ~ $77 rate as last year by doing the traditional "oh I'd like to cancel" dance, and I will turn my attention towards Time Warner soon. I do wish AT&T would hurry the heck out here with their U-Verse service.

Old 09-23-2010, 08:33 PM

85 posts, read 123,808 times
TW sucks to be exact. You can’t choose your favorites thus you have to scroll through ALL the channels at a SNAILS PACE!!!! Also channel line-up does not make sense and god forbid you wind up in the on-demand section. It’s like being teleported into space!

We went back to the Dish Network today and I am very happy!

Old 09-23-2010, 08:36 PM

85 posts, read 123,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geoff2v View Post
Hey -- the thread is still going!

Interestingly, it's been a bit more than a year since i started it. My Time Warner deal has ended, and my rate for cable & internet is now in the $130 range, but I haven't felt energetic enough to bargain them down. Back in July I did renew my Sirius XM package at the same ~ $77 rate as last year by doing the traditional "oh I'd like to cancel" dance, and I will turn my attention towards Time Warner soon. I do wish AT&T would hurry the heck out here with their U-Verse service.
We started out changing to U verse BUT... You only can get one HD signal in your house the rest SD that comes in. Thus if you have more than one HD TV you’re screwed. You literally have to see the U verse box by your house to get all the signals coming into your home HD.

The sales people at ATT do not tell you this. So buyer beware.

PS the U-verse main box is on 1500 yards from my neighborhood and we could only get one HD signal coming in!

Old 09-24-2010, 05:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by geoff2v View Post
Back in July I did renew my Sirius XM package at the same ~ $77 rate as last year by doing the traditional "oh I'd like to cancel" dance.
Not to hijack the thread, but XM wouldn't budge when I called to cancel after being a subscriber for 3 years. I made them what I felt was a fair offer to keep me as a customer and resolve a billing issue after my promotion period expired, but they refused so I canceled the service.

Old 09-24-2010, 05:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddicorcia1 View Post
TW sucks to be exact. You can’t choose your favorites thus you have to scroll through ALL the channels at a SNAILS PACE!!!! Also channel line-up does not make sense and god forbid you wind up in the on-demand section. It’s like being teleported into space!

We went back to the Dish Network today and I am very happy!
Yes.... flipping through the channels is very slow and aggravating. The only thing that keeps me from switching over to Dish is the cost per TV. It's fine if you only have one TV, but we have five, so that gets very expensive with Dish or Direct TV satellite. With TWC I only have one cable box, but I'm not paying extra each month for the other four TV's in the house.

Old 09-24-2010, 06:13 AM

351 posts, read 770,045 times
Get this one on TWC's site...

Road Runner Standard - 34.95 for 12 months
Unlimited Nationwide phone - 39.95 for 12 months

Bundle them together and it's 94.90

What a bargain!

Old 09-24-2010, 07:41 AM

632 posts, read 1,843,696 times
The deal I called for wasn't the one I got--the guy I talked to found a better one for me (granted it's only for 1 year, but....). I got Digital cable ($45), RR high speed ($35), and digital unlimited nationwide phone ($20)--oh, and the DVR for $11 all for $111/mo. It seems each feature had a promo going, so I took them all separately instead of a bundled featured price.

Old 09-24-2010, 07:47 AM

321 posts, read 880,036 times
Flipping through channels is slow and aggravating? How? You push the button on the remote and the channel changes. Mine has never been slow.

Old 09-24-2010, 08:31 AM

467 posts, read 1,774,077 times
My RR went up again, to $57.95, though the same service is $29.95 for 12 months for new subscribers. I called to bargain down, and they lowest they would go is $49.95. When I refused, the customer service guy told me I was "being difficult, but if that's how you want it, ma'am, good luck w/ your new service." I switched to Earthlink, @ $29.95/month for 6 months, using the same lines and modem as TWC, and had to call TWC to complete the transfer. The guy I got offered me RR Lite for 3 months @ $19.95 - lower speed than what I have, with rates going up again. I refused, and was told, "whatever lady, it's your money."

I think that has sealed my usage of TWC for anything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary