U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2009, 05:53 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,050,224 times

Advertisements

I've always liked Wake Forest, and am happy to see it's made the list of America's 100 safest cities.

Top 100 Safest cities to live in the USA - Neighborhood Scout
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2009, 10:14 AM

3,650 posts, read 8,903,174 times
It's easy to be safe when you're small and spread out. Stay tuned as that's changing rapidly.

Also there are already many areas of Wake Forest (keep in mind all that entails ie not just WF proper) that aren't all that "safe" looking to me and which I have no desire to be in whatsoever - and again that area is growing rapidly, no doubt at least in part to "promos" like this, which just lure more people in.

Old 07-10-2009, 01:20 PM

488 posts, read 1,494,321 times
Wow I can't believe we are ranked higher than Peachtree City.

Old 07-10-2009, 01:36 PM

12,475 posts, read 31,012,001 times
Congratulations to Wake Forest!

About six years ago, I was showing houses in Heritage in WF and I remember my client (coming in from Charlotte) commented on how rural Wake Forest was. Well, it has changed. It still has the feel of a small historic town but has grown to a point that everything you need is close by. It is one of my favorite areas. Wake Forest today reminds me of Cary a few years back.

Vicki

Old 07-10-2009, 03:48 PM

2,377 posts, read 2,570,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VickiR View Post
Congratulations to Wake Forest!

About six years ago, I was showing houses in Heritage in WF and I remember my client (coming in from Charlotte) commented on how rural Wake Forest was. Well, it has changed. It still has the feel of a small historic town but has grown to a point that everything you need is close by. It is one of my favorite areas. Wake Forest today reminds me of Cary a few years back.

Vicki
You're right about that. In my first stint in Raleigh ('94 to '98) Wake Forest was kind of out there without much commercial activity. We moved back to the area a couple years ago and live near Heritage. There is so much within 5-10 minutes of our house we hardly venture out. We've yet to goto Cary/Apex/Holly Springs or anything that isn't Wake Forest/Downtown Raleigh/North Raleigh.

Old 07-10-2009, 08:32 PM

28 posts, read 69,187 times
I've lived in the Wake Forest area for 18 years and remember when Capital Blvd was a little ole 2 laner after you passed the Kmart heading north. All trees after that! (Remember??!!) At that time, it was not a problem to live way out, because it was all drive time and no traffic (and gas prices were lower). Then as the construction came, so did the crowding, but then bigger roads. It is the ebb and tide of progress. I think the Town Planning Board has done a great job in keeping Wake Forest beautiful. Heritage has been one of the hubs for the town as far as beauty also. My out of state clients fall in love with that community when they see it.

Old 07-10-2009, 08:43 PM

1,190 posts, read 3,897,090 times
Default reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by StellaKillian View Post
I've lived in the Wake Forest area for 18 years and remember when Capital Blvd was a little ole 2 laner after you passed the Kmart heading north. All trees after that! (Remember??!!) At that time, it was not a problem to live way out, because it was all drive time and no traffic (and gas prices were lower). Then as the construction came, so did the crowding, but then bigger roads. It is the ebb and tide of progress. I think the Town Planning Board has done a great job in keeping Wake Forest beautiful. Heritage has been one of the hubs for the town as far as beauty also. My out of state clients fall in love with that community when they see it.
Out of state folks fall in love with most everything suburban around here. We get bigger roads and more traffic and crowding, not less. It is not a ebb and flow at all.

Old 07-11-2009, 01:57 AM

1,032 posts, read 3,312,375 times
The crime rates include these zip codes :

"Wake Forest zip codes : 27571, 27587, 27522,27614,27596"

Isn't 27614 Raleigh proper???

Old 07-11-2009, 10:32 PM

2,835 posts, read 7,048,625 times
Doing the Happy "Safest" Wake Forest dance here! It certainly does not mean I will not get robbed or assalted or worse but it just means it was recognized when meansured against the others and there are 84 safer places in the US ofA! But I'll take it!

Old 07-12-2009, 08:29 AM

81 posts, read 138,490 times
I wish they would stop with these top whatever lists. It is nice to be considered near the top of some category, but it puts you on the radar for people thinking about moving. Before you know it, you have a influx of people and your town is no longer what it was.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary