Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2007, 04:32 AM

18 posts, read 58,257 times

Advertisements

Larger models are spacious/pretty with each offering a different "layout" perspective for each homeowner at 2200+. If you add bonus / amenities and of course a "premium" lot you are approaching 500K easy. They push the lifestyle options which are incredible, but you can get more bang for your buck with a private builder right doen the street. You are paying for the lifestyle , not the home per se.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2007, 05:24 AM

43 posts, read 208,387 times
Default Hello Neighbor!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcon View Post
Hi, I just read your thread about your interest in the Carolina Preserve by Del Webb at Amberly. I live in the Arlington Park neighborhood within Amberly. I highly recommend the community and Cary NC. The ocean is about 2.5 hrs away, the mountains about 3 hrs. Lots of Starbucks around, their is a Costco in Durham (about 20 minutes away) but I just heard a rumor they may be building one near the community. This area is in the process of a big development boom. Get in at Del Webb while you still can. Im sure it will be a great investment.

We live in Arlington at Amberly also. We love it here, even though we are just renting. We are definitely looking to buy in this area, because everyone is so friendly and we cannot wait to use the Residence Center.

See you around in Arlington!!!!

Alexis

Old 07-10-2007, 10:24 AM

229 posts, read 1,053,859 times
Also note that there is an $1800 "Capital Contribution" at closing for joining the community.

Old 07-10-2007, 10:33 AM

229 posts, read 1,053,859 times
I thought I'd provide a few pictures of the construction that's going on at Carolina Preserve. The first picture is of the Seniors Center called Bradford Hall . . The next is of the nine ranch model homes at Carolina Preserve. The last is a picture of the entrance at Carolina Preserve.

Old 07-10-2007, 11:17 AM

9,680 posts, read 27,152,505 times
Most of the production building here in NC is very low grade showing the effect of lax building codes combined with a poorly trained immigrant workforce.

Cary is not for everyone. There are many HOA Nazis in Cary wanting to put their nose up every orifice in your body. An older non-HOA neighborhood may be a good pick.

Some senior housing in medium prices and rents but much more expensive offerings.

Climate is 4 seasons with fairly reasonable temp range. Not too many hurricanes get to Raleigh, but some do. Ice/snow do happen here but not too often.

Gangs are worst in Durham. Crime in Raleigh's not too bad.

Overall, an OK place.

Old 07-10-2007, 01:38 PM

381 posts, read 1,325,238 times
Default Amberly

In that area, I just liked the Weycroft development a lot more. However, the Pennisula at Amberly is also interesting. The onsight agent seemed to take some offense when I mentioned that I preferred Cary schools over Chatham Co schools, though (this came up b/c he told me the Pennisula was located in Chatham Co and said he wanted to make sure we would be ok w/that, and I explained why it would give me some pause). Nice guy, though, and we talked our way through that little issue.

In the end, we decided to build elsewhere, but I still like the Weycroft development and the Pennisula will probably be decent once they get most of the way done with it.

I was not terribly impressed with the section of Amberly targeted at "seniors" other than the fact they had a decent number of 1-story plans.

Mike

Old 09-01-2007, 06:30 PM

6 posts, read 22,216 times
Due to my mothers illness my parents are not able to live alone any more. I just put their home up for sale by owner today. 8 1/2 months old Dogwood Collection Willow Bend model. Great basement (unfinished) lot that backs up to the green belt. One of the best lots in the subdivision.

I am not looking to make money, just sell the house. I am asking $390k. Of course this includes window treatments and refrigerator that you would not get in a builder home. It is a great alternative for someone that can not wait to build.
For information markjewett@bellsouth.net

Old 09-12-2007, 10:38 AM

4 posts, read 17,524 times
carolina preserve now accepting deposits for phase 3.

also, on our visit up there, the sales manager told me they are offering a credit on emerald lots equal to the lot premium (up to $12,000) for the month of september.

demand remains quite strong.

@mark - have you thought of renting rather than selling? we purchased a unit as we actively invest (personally) throughout the triangle. our unit should be ready early 08 (i hope!)

Old 09-12-2007, 03:57 PM

31,683 posts, read 41,022,196 times
Del Webb the developer of Carolina Preserve has a number of very nice active 55 communities. They have a half page ad on page H10 of todays Washington Post. They are featuring the following from communities in Maryland and Virginia:
Taneytown, MD
Carroll Vista
Was 383,715 is 319,990

Easton MD
Chesapleake
Was 507,475 is 399,990

Ashburn, VA
Potomac Green
Was 380,000 is $329,000

All year end delivery reduced by thousands plus up to 10K toward closing and below market financing starting at 3.999%

They are not the only active 55 feeling the housing glut squeeze up here.

Old 09-13-2007, 08:27 AM

29 posts, read 313,023 times
Default for Homewiz

Does that mean that they have finished selling the Emerald lots in phase II? We've been told that there is a delay in the building in Emerald phase II due to a land developement problem that should be worked out shortly. Please let us knowwhat you know. Thanks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary