Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2009, 04:39 PM

81 posts, read 145,936 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outta-NC View Post
Glad you southerners have a sense of humor. Cause this is the second time you're losing to the north!!!
You are so correct. Every year that goes by, we lose our nice slower paced, pleasant attitude environment and get it replaced with uptight Yankees. They bring along their I am better than you attitude and wonder why some of us are a little put off. Of course that is a generalization, but there are enough bad apples in the basket to make it not worth enjoying them anymore.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2009, 08:37 PM

191 posts, read 276,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StellaKillian View Post
There are many posts on this board from people moving from all over the country to the Triangle area (Raleigh/Durham/Chapel Hill). This area has become a little melting pot of its own.
My two questions are:
1) For those who have relocated from other areas, have you had any problems feeling welcome or integrating into your new community BECAUSE OF THE LOCATION OF YOUR PAST RESIDENCE? (Please tell where you are from, how long you have been here and where you are now in the triangle).
2) For those of you who have had conversations lately about the civil war, I am curious as to who has initiated the conversation? Local residents of the Triangle or out-of-staters?
1) Yes constantly. Been here 5 years and have lived in 9 states and 3 countries... but have no southern drawl... my wife and i joke constantly how friendly people here are until we open our mouths.

2) Can't say that I can ever recall discussing the civil war (at least not since puberty lol).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary