Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2009, 06:55 PM

1,162 posts, read 2,106,777 times

Advertisements

We've been getting all of our furniture at Whitley's. We also love the ride to and from Zebulon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2009, 11:38 PM

8,168 posts, read 8,518,066 times
Default A possible furniture store

Any body have experience with Monks Furniture on 401, halfway between Garner and Fuquay-Varina? We were happy with the deal we got on a memory foam mattress.

Old 02-15-2010, 05:32 PM

114 posts, read 246,866 times
My wife and I went to Whitley's today and doubt I will ever return. I have never dealt with a less interested sales staff in my life. We went in looking for a dining room set but were also open to purchasing a new livingroom and a few pieces for my home office. The sales person handed us a map and told us to let her know if we had questions. When we had questions I felt like we were bothering her. I got a price on a diningroom set and when I asked if they had some sort of bookshelf for my home office she told me I could see some pieces in the other end of the store, pointed and sat back down.

Old 02-15-2010, 07:45 PM

12,475 posts, read 32,228,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JFinkle View Post
My wife and I went to Whitley's today and doubt I will ever return. I have never dealt with a less interested sales staff in my life. We went in looking for a dining room set but were also open to purchasing a new livingroom and a few pieces for my home office. The sales person handed us a map and told us to let her know if we had questions. When we had questions I felt like we were bothering her. I got a price on a diningroom set and when I asked if they had some sort of bookshelf for my home office she told me I could see some pieces in the other end of the store, pointed and sat back down.
About every 3 years or so, I head to Whitley's and that is pretty much what I have encountered!!! I always say, as I walk out the door, that I am never going back there! Then I hear someone say they were impressed and off I go again!

I've never been that impressed with their furniture but they did have a dining room set that I had seen elsewhere and wanted to purchase. It was at the back of the store and we wandered around for a while, trying to find someone to help us. It never happened and we found the same dining room set at a furniture store in Wilmington so we ordered it from them.

Again, I won't go back there again!!!

Vicki

Old 02-15-2010, 08:14 PM

Overall I was not that impressed with the selection but we did find a set that fit our needs, but I think we'll continue to shop

Old 02-16-2010, 08:58 AM

1,162 posts, read 2,106,777 times
Wow! That is the opposite of what I've encountered. We met up with Lola, who was so helpful and once we purchased an item, she made it a point of remembering everything about us. The quality of the furniture and the service takes us back every time.

Old 02-17-2010, 05:33 PM

I actually sent the owner an email because I once owned a business and would have wanted to know of my experience. She contacted me right away and apologized. She assured me that they pride themselves on service and was pleased that I contacted her. Not sure if we will go back but I feel better now that she contacted me. Unfortunatly one salesperson can damage a store's reputation

Old 03-01-2015, 11:45 AM

1 posts, read 751 times
I am looking for Jeff Zimmerman Living room pieces with the Josie design. We have the settee but we would love to get the sofa and/or chair in the Josie pattern. Anybody seen it? We bought the settee in an Urbanna, VA furniture store about 5 years ago. Please contact Bob at Bz2022aol.com if you come across this furniture. Thanks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary