U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-13-2009, 04:55 PM
 
Location: Raleigh NC
93 posts, read 384,335 times
Reputation: 65
Default Birthday party ideas needed for 13 year old girl

I am looking for suggestions on a fun party place for a 13 year old girl. Preferable in the N Raleigh or Wake Forest area. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-13-2009, 05:00 PM
 
646 posts, read 1,231,322 times
Reputation: 440
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommytrish View Post
I am looking for suggestions on a fun party place for a 13 year old girl. Preferable in the N Raleigh or Wake Forest area. Thanks!
How many and what budget? That will be the big thing.

13 is tough age for 'event' birthday parties as the girls are getting a big old for most things like ice skating parties etc etc.

At this age most of my daugther's friends had a slumber party, some had a trip to the movies....some just went to the mall and lunch somewhere.

What does you daughter want?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-13-2009, 07:02 PM
 
Location: Raleigh, NC
10,183 posts, read 16,495,536 times
Reputation: 5718
My daughter, who is now 15, has a friend that has a sleepover at the Embassy Suites near Crabtree every year for her birthday. They have an indoor pool. My daughter loves going. Makes me a bit nervous because I'm sure the girls are wild but the birthday girl's mom is always there.

Vicki
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-13-2009, 07:13 PM
 
646 posts, read 1,231,322 times
Reputation: 440
Quote:
Originally Posted by VickiR View Post
My daughter, who is now 15, has a friend that has a sleepover at the Embassy Suites near Crabtree every year for her birthday. They have an indoor pool. My daughter loves going. Makes me a bit nervous because I'm sure the girls are wild but the birthday girl's mom is always there.

Vicki
Amoung my daughter's friends the hotel slumber party seems to have 'aged out' by that age (we haven't had one since age 11 or so)....which is why I didn't mention it, but if the girls are up to it, they can be fun.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-13-2009, 08:09 PM
 
Location: Raleigh NC
93 posts, read 384,335 times
Reputation: 65
I think she might like the hotel slumber party idea...we've never done that before.

We don't really have a budget...I want it to be a special birthday for her! We are looking at between 6-12 girls, depending on what we end up doing. She really doesn't have a clue what she wants.

I'm also thinking of using a limo to wherever we end up going. Can anyone give any recommendations on a company, or an idea of how much this would cost? Thanks again!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-13-2009, 09:10 PM
 
Location: Formerly TX, UT and CT - Currently NC
486 posts, read 908,581 times
Reputation: 364
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommytrish View Post
I think she might like the hotel slumber party idea...we've never done that before.

We don't really have a budget...I want it to be a special birthday for her! We are looking at between 6-12 girls, depending on what we end up doing. She really doesn't have a clue what she wants.

I'm also thinking of using a limo to wherever we end up going. Can anyone give any recommendations on a company, or an idea of how much this would cost? Thanks again!
I would recommend Blue Diamond Limos, in Raleigh. We've always rented an SUV limo (such as an escalade or hummer limo) and it ran us about $90 an hour. Raleigh Limousine Service | North Carolina Limos | Luxury Transportation | Airport Shuttle
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-13-2009, 10:14 PM
 
Location: Raleigh, NC
10,183 posts, read 16,495,536 times
Reputation: 5718
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommytrish View Post
I think she might like the hotel slumber party idea...we've never done that before.

We don't really have a budget...I want it to be a special birthday for her! We are looking at between 6-12 girls, depending on what we end up doing. She really doesn't have a clue what she wants.

I'm also thinking of using a limo to wherever we end up going. Can anyone give any recommendations on a company, or an idea of how much this would cost? Thanks again!
My daughter is 15, in high school and still enjoys going to the hotel to spend the night with her friends that have their birthday party there! I'd suggest a hotel with a pool. Embassy Suites near Crabtree has an indoor pool. A hotel that serves breakfast will help keep the costs down.

Best part is...no mess for you to clean up afterwards!!!

Enjoy! I love the limo idea! Funny how most of us were adults before we got our first limo ride. All my kids rode in limos by the time they were in middle school!

Vicki
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-13-2009, 11:22 PM
 
Location: Midtown Raleigh
1,074 posts, read 1,814,399 times
Reputation: 932
I must be old fashioned, because I was thinking Frankie's Fun Park or something. My 13th birthday party was bowling and a (regular house) sleepover.

Last edited by Green Irish Eyes; 07-16-2009 at 10:04 PM.. Reason: Edited out the off-topic comments
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-14-2009, 08:05 AM
Status: "Never have a battle of wits with someone who is unarmed." (set 6 days ago)
 
Location: Chapel Hill, N.C.
22,710 posts, read 14,320,073 times
Reputation: 28202
Here's a suggestion for a 13th Birthday party. Have all the girls bring donated clothes and canned good and take them to a shelter to dish up dinner for homeless people or better yet take them to a nursing home to help with entertaining the residents with a musical production or skit or just talk to lonely older folks. This kind of "party" will teach them more for their future lives than any hotel and limo escapade. And since they have aged out of hotel parties by age 11 this would be novel and give them something to think about instead of more stuff and self centered activities.

After all----the real world is just around the corner for these girls.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-14-2009, 08:08 AM
 
Location: Raleigh, NC
10,183 posts, read 16,495,536 times
Reputation: 5718
Quote:
Originally Posted by no kudzu View Post
Here's a suggestion for a 13th Birthday party. Have all the girls bring donated clothes and canned good and take them to a shelter to dish up dinner for homeless people or better yet take them to a nursing home to help with entertaining the residents with a musical production or skit or just talk to lonely older folks. This kind of "party" will teach them more for their future lives than any hotel and limo escapade. And since they have aged out of hotel parties by age 11 this would be novel and give them something to think about instead of more stuff and self centered activities.

After all----the real world is just around the corner for these girls.
Great idea...for YOUR BIRTHDAY! Let us know how it turns out!

Vicki
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:




Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top