Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2009, 05:49 AM

635 posts, read 3,092,635 times

Advertisements

Sanford is indeed a nice mid-sized city(approx 30k pop) with a great small-town vibe. It is very centrally located to the Raleigh/Durham, Greensboro, and Fayetteville area(all about 30-45 min) and is just down the street from Pinehurst & Southern Pines. In fact, Sanford itself has several golf facilities, neighborhoods, and is home to "Tobacco Road" just rated as one of the top 10 courses in the nation.

Additional information on Sanford:

City of Sanford, North Carolina | Official Government Website

Sanford Area Chamber of Commerce

Some maps and other general info:

Live Well Centered.

Good luck! With your budget, you should just about have the choice to live almost anywhere you want in this region.

Al
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2009, 10:33 AM

481 posts, read 1,086,534 times
Moderator cut: No direct real estate links, please

Del Webb in Cary is a 55 + active community. We looked there for my parents but the starting price range was higher than they could afford. They have nice ranch homes, bigger ones with basements and up to 5000 sq feet I think. Plus you have an indoor pool, gym etc.. really nice amenities. It's not by any means a nursing home. You purchase your own home, pay a maintenance fee every month since it is like condo/townhouse living as far as no lawn care etc but you have your own place. Good luck in your search.

Last edited by Green Irish Eyes; 07-20-2009 at 10:35 AM.. Reason: No direct real estate links, please.

Old 07-20-2009, 05:28 PM

32 posts, read 84,337 times
The following are some of the best golf course neighborhoods in the area:
Wakefield Plantation, Preserve at Jordan Lake, Governor's Club, Brier Creek, McGreggor Down and Lochmere (most of these are settled neighborhoods so there wont be any new home opportunities)

Old 07-29-2009, 05:36 AM

16 posts, read 37,221 times
I have the perfect solution. Pinehurst has the most desirable golf courses, everyone that plays golf should play #2 at least once. The number of golf courses are endless. And there are groups, such as the Grasscutters that play every Tuesday on a different course. So, buy your house in the Raleigh area and then buy a condo in Pinehurst. It is a beautiful getaway community!!

Old 07-29-2009, 12:57 PM

351 posts, read 770,348 times
I have some people very near & dear to me who just did the same as you're doing. I've seen the following three areas which might be a fit for you. PM me if you have any specific questions.

Carolina Preserve (Del Webb) in Cary is a very active 55+ community. When the kids come to visit you have free access to the nearby Amberley pool which is beautiful. The community is very popular. There is no golf on site, but they do have men's & ladies leagues that play regularly at area public/semi-private courses.

There is also a new section of patio homes being built in Brier Creek. I think it's called Regency. It is not age restricted, but the homes are ranch style and maintenance free groundskeeping. The golf & club are Brier Creek are very nice! I know they are running a very agressive initiation program, something like 5 years, no interest.

Heritage in Wake Forest also has a couple of maintenance free, ranch style sections. I'm not sure whether they are age restricted. The golf club there is also nice. It is semi-private so it gets more play than Brier Creek. If you join you'll get in with a great bunch of folks and have no problems getting out on the course. There are also mens, ladies, and couples leagues.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary