Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2009, 12:02 PM

228 posts, read 802,242 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielleNC View Post
No, Texas Roadhouse is on North Point Drive and cheap.

Are you talking about the other chain Lone Star?
That's it! Lone star. Again, not all that impressive, but about what you expect from a chain.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2009, 12:08 PM

2,006 posts, read 3,581,431 times
I am a ribeye lover as well. I have been to Angus Barn 2 time. 1st time was outstanding, I love their cajun sauce. The 2nd time was about 1/2 as good.

Old 07-16-2009, 12:14 PM

2,586 posts, read 9,099,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aldamon View Post
There doesn't seem to be any middle ground with the Angus Barn. We didn't care for it but it's been several years. Maybe it's better now.

We get good steaks at Metro 8 in Durham. We'll have to try Bin 54.
I went to Metro 8 for the first time a couple of months ago and was quite pleased! Chimichurri...yum!!!

Old 07-16-2009, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingyouth View Post
What do you consider a properly priced piece of beef?
Its not just the price...its what you get for the price. Angus might have incredible beef, however I've never had a meal there that left a good impression on me. I've been to Sullivan's a few times and thought, "wow, this is a pretty good filet." Never once began to think that at Angus Barn. The only thought I've ever had at Angus is, "wow, you've got to be kidding me...$33 for this and I could've paid the same at Sullivan's or, better yet, Bin 54, and actually had something with some flavor."

However, to answer your question directly, if its a good cut prepared properly I don't find $40+ to be out of line.

Old 07-16-2009, 12:54 PM

797 posts, read 3,579,090 times
I would def go to Outback over AB. It would cost me a 1/3rd the amount, and the food is about the same quality.

That said, glad to here a few people recommending Metro 8. I have been told by a friend that they make a killer steak. We will have to check it out soon.

Old 07-16-2009, 01:07 PM

3,650 posts, read 9,209,220 times
On a diff angle: any thoughts on which of these is better or worse, generally, in terms of noise level (esp screaming kids?). Eating in relative peace and quiet (needn't be like a tomb) is important to me.

Old 07-16-2009, 01:11 PM

Angus has always seemed loud to me, however there are some smaller and quieter rooms that you sometimes end up in. Sullivan's can be a bit on the loud side, too, but in neither of these is the noise from lots of screaming kids. Metro 8 is pretty small and offers a rather intimate atmosphere. They also have a huge covered deck that's great on a nice night. Bin 54 will probably offer the quietest and most intimate evening at any steakhouse in the Triangle.

Old 07-16-2009, 02:34 PM

519 posts, read 981,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdp_az View Post
Its not just the price...its what you get for the price. Angus might have incredible beef, however I've never had a meal there that left a good impression on me. I've been to Sullivan's a few times and thought, "wow, this is a pretty good filet." Never once began to think that at Angus Barn. The only thought I've ever had at Angus is, "wow, you've got to be kidding me...$33 for this and I could've paid the same at Sullivan's or, better yet, Bin 54, and actually had something with some flavor."

However, to answer your question directly, if its a good cut prepared properly I don't find $40+ to be out of line.
Thank you for the answer. I didn't want my question to come off snarky and I am happy you didn't take it that way.

Everyone can have a difference of opinion on really anything. To each his own at the end of the day.

Old 07-16-2009, 02:55 PM

97 posts, read 246,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T|K View Post
I thought Flemmings was very overpriced for what it was, Ruth Chris prices, with worse service and food. We went once and will not go back.
It's interesting how different people have different experiences at restaurants. Our evening at Fleming's was as near to perfect as I can imagine. The steaks were amazing, the service was outstanding. It is a little loud, but other than that I can find nothing to fault. I've been there three times and no bad experiences yet. Pricey? Definitely, but worth it to me.

Old 07-16-2009, 02:58 PM

320 posts, read 1,069,688 times
I personally like Firebird's for steak. I've had both the prime rib and the filet there. (And the pecan-green beans on the side are unbeatable!!)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary