Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-20-2007, 07:49 AM

94 posts, read 393,903 times

Advertisements

Can someone suggest some condo/townhome properties in the $100k - $125k range? ...and the areas to look for.

BTS: I'm single, over 30/under 40 and without offspring -my dayz of 'TPing' have come and gone, so 'campus action' and it's proximity are not something I'm interested in. I currently live in an Apt. in MI that's 1 Bdrm, 800 Sq.Ft, so this will be just fine as my starting point in terms of window-shopping when I visit in late May ...anything more is icing

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2007, 08:13 AM

653 posts, read 2,987,017 times
Well, as you're still job hunting (as far as I can remember from your other posts), you'll want something central.

The Cottages of Stonehenge are great condos off Creedmoor Rd. in Raleigh - they recently converted townhouse style apartments into condos, gave them a complete overhaul, and are now selling them as condos. They look and feel like a townhouse, though, and you'll have a little patio out back. They start well within your budget, with over 1100 sq ft.

You also might like Cary Park condos, they are new, and pretty upscale - about the same size as what you're in for 116ish, with 9 foot ceilings, hardwoods, maple cabinets... and convenient to everything.

Actually, there are so many out there, you'll benefit greatly from the help of a realtor to narrow down exactly what you're looking for when you come for a visit - to find the cream of the crop, so to speak. Lots of choices!!

Old 04-20-2007, 11:27 AM

3,124 posts, read 12,667,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn11 View Post
Can someone suggest some condo/townhome properties in the $100k - $125k range? ...and the areas to look for.

BTS: I'm single, over 30/under 40 and without offspring -my dayz of 'TPing' have come and gone, so 'campus action' and it's proximity are not something I'm interested in. I currently live in an Apt. in MI that's 1 Bdrm, 800 Sq.Ft, so this will be just fine as my starting point in terms of window-shopping when I visit in late May ...anything more is icing

Thanks.
Avondale in Wake Forest has some in that price range.

Old 04-20-2007, 02:28 PM

43,284 posts, read 77,104,102 times
You have too many options to list. Your desired location will help narrow it down.
There are older and newer condos all around Raleigh, Cary, Apex, assuming you are talking Wake County.

I just did a quick search and pulled up 38 townhomes and 33 condos from $100,000 to $125,000.
You should have no trouble finding something in good repair in a convenient location. HOA dues vary widely, with all condos and many townhomes including exterior building maintenance.

I like Martinique for a super-great location, and decent square footage in condos. It is an older complex, but l-o-c-a-t-i-o-n is good.

And it might be surprising what you can find under $100,000.

Old 04-20-2007, 10:29 PM

3 posts, read 6,931 times
Default It's true

It's true what they say about some of the older townhouses and condos in the cary/ raleigh area. I used to live at Applecross in Cary. They are still running in the 90k-100 but were built in the 80s and still have the brown stained wood siding..(like a cabin). No pool so HO dues are low. Some have gone through interior upgrades. Since the yuppies already living in the area think it's "beneath" them to live in and older place ..as the builders go crazy with the new ones with all the bells and whistles, you can find good buys with the older ones. Personally I prefer the duplex or triplex stye to the "stacked up on each other " apt or hotel style, however there is alot of choices out there. Also newer ones ( 3yrs older or so in Garner/clayton as well). I live in Clayton and will be selling mine soon. Mine is a duplex, 3yrs old 980 sq 2br 2ba..it will sell for around 110k..just as an example ).. .but like others say.. best to know where you will want to work and go from there.

Old 04-20-2007, 10:50 PM

17 posts, read 58,917 times
if you up your max about 10k you can get brand new townhomes or ones 2-3 years old. I'd stick to the glenwood ave area. Lots of nice townhomes going up around there and great location.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary